Votes: 16 7.0%
  • Other - please state

Votes: 59 25.9%

• Total voters

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Hull of course, but in neither match were they better than us. No goals in open play and no real shots on target. Two flukey goals and their running around and pressing made our squad look languid at times, but then so do Barca at times.
Yes, we could have done a lot better and so could Brez. Onward and upward.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I blame the man who cleans the public toilets in Aberdeen; Wee Jock Poo-Pong McPlop

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I blame the tea lady.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Hull for being better than us.

Where is this advanced sense of entitlement coming from ?

Most seasons end in disappointment and if you are talking about the cup, we have over 100 failed attempts to our name, you would think people would be used to this by now.

This. Oh, always this.

People seem to think that because we won League 1 at a canter and have a great stadium and infrastructure that we have this God given right to piss all over each team we play. We don't. We're not as good as you think we are. We will make mistakes, we will lose games. Live with it, go tug off to release some of that pent up testosterone and look forward to Millwall.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Hull City Football Club - aka the Tigers.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
does "other" include those who thought it was a good idea to allow a player who had been top goal scorer to leave(please insert name of player here) and not replace him with a player of equal stature
all this to save a few bob

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I don't like to blame players for a lack of ability. It isn't their fault. A lack of effort is different, but if a player isn't good enough, you can't really blame them.

The effort levels in the first half were pathetic, it was really one of the most inept & passionless 45 minutes I can ever recall

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hull for being better than us. Obviously.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It's Hulls fault we lost!

But I voted Barnes. If he hadn't left, he would have scored at least 2 last night!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
trans.jsp

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't like to blame players for a lack of ability. It isn't their fault. A lack of effort is different, but if a player isn't good enough, you can't really blame them.

We all know Peter Brezovan isn't the most consistent 'keeper we have ever had but he doesn't pick himself.

As strange as it might sound considering his relatively decent performances and two goals over the two games, if you have to blame someone - and it isn't as simple as that - I would probably reluctantly point the finger at Leo Ulloa for missing that header in the first game. Had that gone in, we would have surely won.

But as I said, I don't think you can realistically blame any one person for our exit.

I agree that as average as Peter Brezovan is, he doesn't pick himself to play, tha'ts down to the manager. But l don't think you can say that iif Leo had scored, rather than missed with that header, that we would have definately won. Remember that Hull had chances in that original game too, they hit the woodwork twice before we scored our goal, and then had an effort cleared off the line as well.

At the end of the day we were narrowly beaten, after a replay, by a Premier League team. No shame in that surely?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The keeper had an 'off' day. The team played badly in the first half. A must win game we wait until the 89th min to bring on a player that wouldn't have scored if he started the game, but at least give him a chance. We should have won the first game. We could have won this game. Wrong team selection.
Anyone blamed ITV yet. If not then I'll be first

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here