Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who has a copy of 'More than ninety minutes' with a hand written issue number ?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
580 signed by Stewart Weir who was selling them in a little shop down Sackville Road near the Salvation Army place. A great book to remember those days and pick out a few people I know/knew in the photos.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I'm not a fan of threads by The Great Attention Seeker.

I opened this one to make sure that everyone who replied, wrote "we all do, you numpty".

They are of course easy enough to buy. It's better to have been there.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ah, that's interesting. Our old mate Adrian, owner of one of the few Goldstone Ground turnstiles to leave the country and the man behind the printing of Scars & Stripes. How do you know him?
I grew up with him in Seaford. His brother, who is my age and features in the book, handing out leaflets, is my oldest friend. Adrian is a year or two older than me. He was Albion mad when we were younger as I was. I was only 12 when we played up at Newcastle for promotion in 1979, Adrian offered to take me. Unsurprisingly my dad wouldn't let me go, Adrian was probably 14 at the time! Last time I saw him was at the Millennium stadium against Bristol.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I grew up with him in Seaford. His brother, who is my age and features in the book, handing out leaflets, is my oldest friend. Adrian is a year or two older than me. He was Albion mad when we were younger as I was. I was only 12 when we played up at Newcastle for promotion in 1979, Adrian offered to take me. Unsurprisingly my dad wouldn't let me go, Adrian was probably 14 at the time! Last time I saw him was at the Millennium stadium against Bristol.
It was his brother's van that took Adrian's turnstile away from the Goldstone. There were two turnstiles in the van - the other, from the south west corner, is now restored and safe for ever in the museum.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It was his brother's van that took Adrian's turnstile away from the Goldstone. There were two turnstiles in the van - the other, from the south west corner, is now restored and safe for ever in the museum.
Was it? I didn't realise that. I was newly married and living in Liverpool at the time. I missed a lot of the fight for our club, something I regret. However, I don't think I'd have coped well with the last game at the Goldstone. I was there for the York game, in my opinion, that was the real game changer.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It was indeed. How do you know Adrian? Do you know Mark as well?

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Having sat next to said author as he numbered and signed them in a secretarial office in hove I think the number you got may not necessarily be unique

I remember that very well...'May not necessarily' hmm - I prefer 'definitely is not'!!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It was indeed. How do you know Adrian? Do you know Mark as well?

I haven't seen Mark since those heroic days sadly. Adrian was a business partner of my oldest friend and became a friend of mine too. I was a customer of his and on a heap of Albion-related ventures, a collaborator too. I last saw him at the Amex a while back.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I haven't seen Mark since those heroic days sadly. Adrian was a business partner of my oldest friend and became a friend of mine too. I was a customer of his and on a heap of Albion-related ventures, a collaborator too. I last saw him at the Amex a while back.
Small world. I forwarded the URL of this thread to Mark, he was obviously interested and said he'd forward it to Adrian.

Btw it's good not to cross swords on the referendum for a change! 😀

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here