Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who do you want to win today, Man U or City?

Select the lesser of two evils

• City

Votes: 158 53.7%
  • United

Votes: 26 8.8%
  • Don't care

Votes: 110 37.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I'll be watching. But I too have no idea who won last year.
Best FA Cup final memory is '79 watching with an Arsenal fan. 2:0 up minutes to go. 2:2 then 3:2 but fan had gone home.
Also '71 and Charlie George laying flat and just looking up.
Niether of course beat '83.
It feels like it’s just been an endless series of finals between any two of Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd for the last 20 years. Someone will probably come along and prove me wrong, but it feels like that’s all you ever get now. Dull.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
I'm firmly in the ABU camp.

I will definitely be watching (I always do), but FA Cup Finals seem to get less and less memorable by the year. 70s and 80s I could tell you who played who, what the score was and probably most of the goalscorers. But I'm pretty sketchy on the 90's, and anything beyond that I just haven't a clue. In fact, at this moment I can't even remember last years!

Must be me age.
Me too I would be in front of the tele all day to watch the only live game all year apart from world cups so it was a bit of a treat

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why would anyone want City to win? Corrupt owners throwing bags of money at a club is not how I want football to be run in this country.
Totally agree apart from I want Man Utd to lose as they beat us and gave it the biggun for doing so on pens.. so I’m a hypocrite here!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'm firmly in the ABU camp.

I will definitely be watching (I always do), but FA Cup Finals seem to get less and less memorable by the year. 70s and 80s I could tell you who played who, what the score was and probably most of the goalscorers. But I'm pretty sketchy on the 90's, and anything beyond that I just haven't a clue. In fact, at this moment I can't even remember last years!

Must be me age.
I think it co-incides with the rise of games on telly. Back then we had the FA Cup Final, the European Cup Final, and England matches. That was it.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I couldn’t really care less, although having to listen to thousands of moronic Man Utd fans singing that durge-like “We’ve seen it all, we’ve won the lot” after the SF, I’m tending towards Citeh. It really is a question of which club do I dislike least!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Meh. But this BBC summary of the season programme on at the moment is absolute crap. I’ve never seen such a poor idea being so well executed.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Might catch who won on the news sometime today or tomorrow, that's about the sum of it for me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hoping (and betting) that it'll be the traditional 4-0/4-1 to City. Oh, and that Slabhead starts. Always gotta love his hangdog expression when he does something hilariously crap.

And just watching Football Focus. Just knew they'd wheel out Noel Gallagher. Shame. Liam would 'of' been far more fookin entertaining. Or entertainin as Alec Scott would say. Speaking of Noel, is it just me, or is Noel's head getting longer? I've seen Grenadier Guards with less of a bearskin :lol:

:lolol:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
For the first time that I cann recall, I really dont have any interest in it. I usually at least keep an eye on the score if I am not watching, but this year I realy dont care

The media have hyped it as "The final every one wanted" a bit like "Leeds are everyones second team"- both complete bollocks. The only peoiple interested are the fans and plastic fans of Manchester

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here