Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to see promoted?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I hope you do go up. You have a very decent side, a good manager, very few unlikeable sorts, and the infrastructure to sustain Premier League status. Plus it's not like McLaren has splashed out millions to get the squad where it is. Frankly, it was ridiculous of you to lose to Harry's mercenary army last season.

Yeah, the play off final wasn't the higlight of my football supporting career. Still don't know how we lost. The squad probably cost about £4-5 million in total, which stacks up pretty well against alot of the competition I think.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Midd'boro,Derby & Wolves

wouldn't mind the Cherries going up at all,playing Soton in the Premier League would be good,plus Bournemouth would be 3 divisions higher than Pompey,who'd thought

at the other end,well Blackpool are gone (think they'll come straight back up if Lee Clark hangs around) hope so

would like to see Wigan (rugby league town) and Bolton (Lennon) go

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Derby, Norwich and Watford. Poor result for Hornets at home to Norwich, but aside from that, they score loads of goals and could sneak in.

I'm firmly in the ABB camp. Howe is just too oily and smug. I've only (recently) met two AFCB fans and both were arrogant morons. Not suggesting they're all like that, but hardly helped their image in my mind....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Derby and Middlesbrough automatic , mathematically we're still in with a shout too via the play-offs.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I dont wan't Norwich to go up - The way their fans treated CH was absolutely disgraceful. He had them punching above their weight but the fans didn't see it. Part of me thinks it was a race issue with a lot of their fans. They would deny it but a lot of them didn't give him a chance right from the off.

So for that reason I hope they don't make it.

They won't be as strong a team next year because a lot of their better players will leave if they don't go up and their parachute payments will reduce so i want to see us give them a good whippin this coming April down at the Amex to scupper their promotion chances.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
With an eye on next season, when I think we will be competitive again, I'm looking for the three most dangerous sides to be out of our way.

I'll go for:
Derby - loads of talent, always beat us these days, and Premier league ready. And good luck to them, they had about six seasons of mediocrity before it all started to click
Norwich - I think they'll finish second, and I hope they do because otherwise next season they might just romp away with it.
Third team is tricky, but I'd suggest one of Watford, Boro or Wolves. I'll go for Watford.

You could make a case for several other teams but their management doesn't convince me. It'll all go wrong at Brentford next year when they get some pretentious European in, and hopefully Bournemouth will have their own difficulties.
In all honesty there isn't a premier league side in the championship this season.
Mostly mediocre, some crap.

If we hadn't had a change of management, we would be about 10 points clear at the top.

Sami really did set us back.

So I think whoever comes down will be at least as good, if not better, than the 3 teams that go up.

This season could have been soooooo good :-(

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Norwich to get a high parachute team out of the division.
Derby because they always beat us.

Not fussed about the third team really.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Derby County. They deserved to go up last year. Middlesbrough, they play decent football. Then perhaps Bournemouth. I think they may struggle to get another chance as good as this.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think we have got to win every game now. A bit of a tall order.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Derby, Middlesbrough and Norwich for me because rightly or wrongly, they're the three sides I'd expect to most likely to sustain their squads/momentum and be up the top next season. Nothing against the other sides at all, taking my Albion bias away I'd quite enjoy seeing Bournemouth and Brentford in the Prem.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
ABB? Christ this season has been a real eye opener in a lot of ways for us AFCB fans. If you yearned for the good old days of being patted on the head with the 'nice little club', 'good football' stuff - well it's welcome to the new order (well, for a while perhaps!!)

Anyway - still think Norwich will do it and probably Derby. But you know what last weeks results were like...made everyone question themselves to an extent. A defeat to Fulham tonight and it will be all gloom and doom again for us i'm sure.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Derby, Middlesbrough and Norwich for me because rightly or wrongly, they're the three sides I'd expect to most likely to sustain their squads/momentum and be up the top next season. Nothing against the other sides at all, taking my Albion bias away I'd quite enjoy seeing Bournemouth and Brentford in the Prem.

Agree about Bournemouth and Brentford. Be a headache for the clubs as they both have stadia that would not pass Premiership standards I believe, Certainly Griffin Park wouldn't.

One of the East Anglia clubs will probably go up.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Agree about Bournemouth and Brentford. Be a headache for the clubs as they both have stadia that would not pass Premiership standards I believe, Certainly Griffin Park wouldn't.

One of the East Anglia clubs will probably go up.

Why wouldn't they pass Premier league standards? What is the criteria?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here