Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you consider Brighton's biggest rival for second spot?

Who do you consider Brighton's biggest rival for second spot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Be interesting to rerun this after yesterday. Surprising that nearly half of us think AV are biggest threat and 6% Norwich. IMO, Norwich (will spend in Jan and have had their bad run) and Derby (good defensive record) are the ones to watch. There are ebbs and flows in the season.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Very interesting result to this poll. I think people have voted based on short term form and the fact Villa had their best performance of the season against us.

Reading had a pretty easy run of games for their 5 wins to get to 2nd place - Rotherham A, Forest H, Wigan A, Burton H, Bristol H.

Villa won't lose that many under Bruce, but he sets them up in a similar way to how Hughton sets us up and they will draw quite a few games so won't make up 14 points unless we have an absolute meltdown. The only way it will happen is if Hughton leaves.

I voted for Massive a couple of weeks ago although if it was today I'd vote for Derby. I think Leeds and Fulham are a bigger threat than Reading.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Top 2 - Albion, Newcastle.

Playoffs - Massive, Norwich, Derby, Villa.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That is my point - folk tend to give too much weight to current form.
Maybe, but I don't think people were just looking at Villa's form, they were also looking at the squad, the finances, the new manager. People also wrote off Huddersfield a bit despite their early season form, so it can work the other way too.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Those tipping Derby should consider Mclaren's form. Anything resembling pressure and both he and his team will crack like Humpty Dumpty falling off a ****ing wall. They have a chance if they are floating around the top six but if Schteve gets them top two or three, they'll implode before too long.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Those tipping Derby should consider Mclaren's form. Anything resembling pressure and both he and his team will crack like Humpty Dumpty falling off a ****ing wall.
:)

Does that always happen? Well I guess it didn't with fc20, but does it usually happen? I can't say I pay a lot of attention to him, I can't stand him.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Agree with the masses it's Villa - their slip was the real highlight of the weekend. I have a terrible feeling match 45 will end with us 2 points in front of them so am going to cheer their every slip don't give a monkeys about Geordies and still think Norwich will overtake Reading but not us

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Depends a lot on January signings,but Villa must be favourite for third place!:albion2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We'd have to run it every week :)

I made the poll end before our game so as to keep the picture clear.You can count on it.

Best left as it is and then we get to see who called it correctly at the end of the season

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Best left as it is and then we get to see who called it correctly at the end of the season
People doubt me, but you'll see I wasn't wrong.

I think it's handy as a reminder of how quickly things can change.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Be interesting to rerun this after yesterday. Surprising that nearly half of us think AV are biggest threat and 6% Norwich. IMO, Norwich (will spend in Jan and have had their bad run) and Derby (good defensive record) are the ones to watch. There are ebbs and flows in the season.

Norwich got back to winning ways because they went back to playing a team in the bottom half of the table. They struggle against the in form teams in the top half of the league and you need to either beat or not lose to those sides to get promoted, so whilst they will be around play offs, second I think will be beyond them. Their defence is woeful and their good players are not consistent

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
People doubt me, but you'll see I wasn't wrong.

I think it's handy as a reminder of how quickly things can change.

True. The ones who might want to change are probably ones who want to change their minds but there is no point in that otherwise people will be changing every time the one they chose loses a game

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The ones who might want to change are probably ones who want to change their minds but there is no point in that otherwise people will be changing every time the one they chose loses a game
It's a difficult game this prediction lark. Many posting here were looking at Reading's recent run and questioning whether they could do it against the better teams. Wow were they found wanting. They're still in 3rd, so they can't be ignored, but it's difficult to just ignore their game against Fulham.

It's difficult right now to pick the main challengers for top 2 beyond those that currently sit there, which is of course fantastic news.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here