Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you consider Brighton's biggest rival for second spot? part 2

Who do you consider Brighton's biggest rival for second spot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Come on QPLua at Reading tonight !

Also, lovely dropped points at :

Leeds v Derby ( Friday )
Massive v Huddersfield ( Saturday )

Was just looking at tonights news and whichever way you look at it this is a banker home win, but there are always upsets I guess

The other 2 would be great draws, but if I had to pick winners I'd prefer Derby and Wendy (subject to change!!)

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Was just looking at tonights news and whichever way you look at it this is a banker home win, but there are always upsets I guess

The other 2 would be great draws, but if I had to pick winners I'd prefer Derby and Wendy (subject to change!!)

Definitely want a Hudds-Wendy draw but would rather Derby beat Leeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Indeed.

1 single game after the poll and I bet a few would change their vote.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Indeed.

1 single game after the poll and I bet a few would change their vote.

This was the first time I have seen Reading over 90 minutes. Despite all that possession I thought they were woeful in terms of giving the ball away and (given their recent form) have to believe it was a "bad day at the office"

Such is the tightness of the league that loss has dropped them from 3rd to 5th in my book

Still no sign of Derby on my radar :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Strange thread - we're going for 1st, not 2nd.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Part 1 was pretty interesting:
http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...on-s-biggest-rival-for-second-spot&highlight=

5 weeks on, as we have a little break, what do you think now?
I'll leave the choices the same, so that it's easy to compare with the original poll (so not option for Barnsley) and with Newcastle still odds on to finish top two I'll keep them out again. So as well as Newcastle, who do you currently consider our biggest threat for a top two place this season?

Changed from Fulham to Derby and read it at the time as replacing Newcastle.

A small run thing ahead of the winners of Leeds v Derby. Not ruled out Huddersfield and Sheff Wed either. Always thought Reading were unlikely as are Norwich and Villa now.

Never thought Huddersfield will fade away although they may get injuries for the play-offs. I figured Reading and Newcastle will fade away.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hopefully tonight's match will be a physically bruising draw.

I really don't see anyone as a bona fide threat to removing us from the Top 2, partly because when Villa, Norwich, Derby, Sheff Wed "tool up" in the transfer window they'll start taking points off each other and it will be harder to put the sort of run together required to displace us, and partly because other teams will try and nick a point off us rather than go for the three points - with a fully fit March, Knockaert and Murray this will play into our hands.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So we're all switching to Leeds now, right?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah and Huddersfield tomorrow:lol::lol:
Leeds were good just now, but we're all (well most of us) so easily suckered in by watching one performance. We saw Villa play well, so we thought they'd be on a charge. We say Fullham play well (first game), so feared them. We hadn't seen Reading play much, so they've come top of the poll, but having seen them yesterday many have started to discount them. Derby will now be forgotten about, and Leeds are our main rival.

But that wasn't a standard game for them today, that was there best performance in years (according to the pros that watch them every week).

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
If Leeds are our main concern for a 2nd automatic then that's very positive news. This is a side that have Chris Wood at one end of the pitch and Robert Green at the other. The latter is going to cost them at least 6-7 points just on his own before the season's over.

I'd rather we have some degree of pressure behind us, we've been performing under it for a while now. The Reading result may have caused complacency in some players tomorrow, now Leeds are providing that pressure instead.

Unpopulist

Dec 24, 2016
Yeah and Huddersfield tomorrow:lol::lol:

I would be very pleasantly surprised but can't see it. Town need to strengthen this window to have a chance, esp. in the goal scoring dept, but it's Wednesday who have done so before tomorrow's game. I hope I'm wrong but I think this will be the start of huddersfield's fall to mid table obscurity. Their form before december's succession of lower table opponents was relegation stuff.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Leeds are our main concern for a 2nd automatic then that's very positive news.
On the back of tonight's performance they've suddenly dropped to 10/1 for a top two place.

I'd rather we have some degree of pressure behind us, we've been performing under it for a while now. The Reading result may have caused complacency in some players tomorrow
No chance. Our players would have to be stupid to be complacent. We lost much easier games last year, and if it needed to be cleare, we've never, ever won 3 points at Preston.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I doubt the players are even bothered to be honest, they may have breezed over the results but nothing more. Pro's have a different outlook and other than possibly Dunky and March probably don't even support Brighton, but see themselves as winners and therefore whatever has happened in the previous two nights means absolutely nothing to them. It is us, the supporters who shit themselves for them :smile:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Looking at the chasing pack all be it chasing from a distance I don't think there is 1 team that will go on a winning run of 5 ,6 or 7 games.
The championship is so full of competitive teams I don't see it happening.I think our biggest rival is us can we maintain our form & more importantly can we remain injury free.
If we can then we are home & dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

I am still sticking as one of the original magnificent seven and saying dirty leeds.:guns::guns:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Massive game will clarify the answer to this a little.

Beat Massive and win the game v Cardiff shortly after, and we are down to just the 3 threats - Leeds, Reading and Huddersfield.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
2 tough, tough games for Reading next.

Derby (A)
Fulham (H)

Could fall further behind in the chase, but we need victory over Cardiff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here