Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Who burnt down the West pier?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The West Pier Trust bought the pier and land it is built on for £100.

The land is worth over a £1 million now and they were reportedly receiving money from the i360 company for leasing land to them for the monstrosity they operate.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

The land is worth over a £1 million now and they were reportedly receiving money from the i360 company for leasing land to them for the monstrosity they operate.
😂😂😂they are probably getting as much money from them as the council - diddlysquat!

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Didn’t a pigeon or seagull fly over and dropped a lit cigarette on it. Swear that was one of the daft theories at the time
That was something I heard at the time as well, I can't remember 'which' fire though.
The poor seagulls & pigeons already have a reputation for being thieving bastards when it comes to chips. Tarring them with being arsonists is a bit much but you can't prove a seagull or pigeon didn't pick up a cigarette & drop it on the pier. I hope something similar hasn't happened to the Royal Albion, I don't think the birds can be tarnished anymore. :unsure: :lolol:

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

i360 have defaulted on pretty much every installment to the council thus far

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
@Peacehaven Wild Kids

IMG_1225.jpeg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Having been pulled up on NSC a few times, over the years for naming the people who took two arson attempts to finally bring the West Pier crashing down, I'm pleased to see a bit of honesty without censorship :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Having been pulled up on NSC a few times, over the years for naming the people who took two arson attempts to finally bring the West Pier crashing down, I'm pleased to see a bit of honesty without censorship :thumbsup:

The conurbation/resort could’ve in the long term sustained two very different piers.

But the greedy arcade oiks would do anything to corner the entire market.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surely. the question is "how many Caicedos would it cost to rebuild a Brighton pier?"

The thing I miss most is the Starlings (?) at dusk swooping around to settle on the (half derelict) pier. Twas a beautiful sight.
1692303489068.png

1692303534444.png

1692303668392.png

Fill your boots. :thumbsup:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Surely. the question is "how many Caicedos would it cost to rebuild a Brighton pier?"

The thing I miss most is the Starlings (?) at dusk swooping around to settle on the (half derelict) pier. Twas a beautiful sight.
How on earth have you made that post and failed to include the word "murmuration"? :nono: :facepalm:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
One Caicedo, half a Cucurella, and a small McAllister.

Sounds like a very expensive round of cocktails.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here