Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who are the "15 goals a season" strikers?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
they are only on a "plate" if his positioning/running makes it look like that.
And why do penalties not count ? He's often done the running/move in the box that led to the foul.
Its not "as good as it gets" for teams like Albion. He's well up there - but would be even better with more contributions from Biss, Mac Allister, Trossard etc.

Burnley (top scorer -league only - 3)
Fulham (4)
Sheff Utd (5)
West Brom (4)
Wolves (4)
Newcastle (8)
Palace (8)

This conversation has been done to death ... but I suppose the frustration is that we know we are a better side on the whole than most of those you listed above.

The last 10 minutes of the Blackpool game summed up our season. Woeful finish after woeful finish, by a number of players.

Clearly all players and all teams miss chances. Nobody expects a 100% success rate. But the difference between us and a mid table team is the proportion of chances we're taking

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Maupay is only 24 , scores near on 1 in 3 prem

Misses a lot but is 24 , best to come.

He is doing his bit
Is he missing a lot due to inexperience, or is it as he doesn't have that natural instinct.

I hope it's the former and he gets better, but I fear it's the latter......

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Maupay is only 24 , scores near on 1 in 3 prem

Misses a lot but is 24 , best to come.

He is doing his bit

Yeah all of this.

I have been particularly harsh on the fella, because his current need for a couple of extra touches has cost us pts on multiple occasions.

But.... he will improve and has plenty of scope to improve.

He is at the best club for this and plays for a manager who will help him improve.
Arguably he already has improved, going by his current strike rate this season.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's not that good.

That's why they are in the bottom half of the league

See the thread about xg league tables

It's worse than Maupay with, I think, the exception of Callum Wilson (a 29yo striker with years of PL experience, a £20m transfer fee and, I understand 100k/wk wages). And it isn't the only reason why they're in the bottom half. The best metric for identifying position in the table is player wages, and we're round about the bottom quarter on that front.
Put like that, Maupay isn't as bad as the poster I was posing the question to thinks.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yeah all of this.

I have been particularly harsh on the fella, because his current need for a couple of extra touches has cost us pts on multiple occasions.

But.... he will improve and has plenty of scope to improve.

He is at the best club for this and plays for a manager who will help him improve.
Arguably he already has improved, going by his current strike rate this season.

Last season he was scoring from some very tricky chances ... Wolves at Home, Watford Away, Soton Away

This season, most tap ins and penalties .... now, to be clear in no way am I saying these aren't as valuable .. clearly they are.

But I think his all round game was much better last season. I see it that he has been in a rut this season. However, he has scored goals, so if he can add the occasional tricky chance to the simpler goals, he'll fulfil his potential

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Agree with the above, Maupay is doing his bit. If he was much better, he wouldn't be here. Also, if our centre backs didn't treat the ball like a hand grenade every time it's crossed into the box, we might not need to score so many.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here