Whing

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Complete Badger said:
I reckon his best chance of a game is probably central defence actually - which to be fair is the only position he looks anywhere near competant in. As things stand, we will probably start with Butters and Lynch, with Hinshelwood injured, so it only takes one of those two to get injured or suspended and El Abd may be in the team.

Front line CBs are Butters, Hinsh and Lynch. If more than one of those is unavailable Elphick and Whing would still play there before El Abd.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Someone suggested a while back that El Abd is being "encouraged" to move on but that it has more to do with him thinking he is Joey Barton MkII than his footballing ability. As he does have some ability / potential what are the odds he gets a transfer to a League 1 or 2 outfit for a nominal fee?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
From what I recall he also did very well at CB when called on to play there so gives us more options.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
goldstone said:
From what I recall he also did very well at CB when called on to play there so gives us more options.

he did, in a few games he played in the center of a 3 man defense, I think largely due to red cards or subbing a defender off for a striker late in the game, but seem to recall he did very well there too. But I think our CB's are well cemented, Whing should be the everyday RB. But nice to know we have some flexibility.

Whing can play CB/RB
Lynch can play CB/LB

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the first one of the last few pieces of the jigsaw.
could the final picture be the Championship???

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I shall have to go on my hols more often. Great news, and thanks to those who sent me a text to let me know.

1066gull

I shall have to go on my hols more often. Great news, and thanks to those who sent me a text to let me know.
Welcome back Yorkie:clap:

BTW, you told me you expected him to go to Blackpool when I always had confidence he would sign for us :)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I was glad to be wrong.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
You aren't the only one, a player turning down a move to a Championship team in favour of the Albion, perhaps we really are going somewhere at last. Apparently he cited the attitudes of the two Deans as one of the main reasons he signed for us, at least that should shut up the people who doubt their ability to attract talent to the club...for a while at least!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports