Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whing

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Great news, a signing that shows we are looking to push for promotion as the board have suggested. All we need now is a goalscorer.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
good news indeed :clap2:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Uncle Buck said:
Going to be odd having a recognised right back in the squad.

*adopts US tone*

"Now watch bloody wilkins play him at left midfield. We're sure to go down with him at the helm, etc, etc"

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
We will literally have the gingerist full backs in the league. It will be like go faster strips as Whing and Rents whizz up the line.

:clap: :clap: Excellent news.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Les Biehn said:
We will literally have the gingerist full backs in the league. It will be like go faster strips as Whing and Rents whizz up the line.

:clap: :clap: Excellent news.

You haven't mixed up Rents with Fraser have you?:)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Les Biehn said:

Apologies, i forgot that Mayo was a full back!:dunce:

(Although to be fair, many NSCers seem to find it easy to forget that he's a professional footballer!)

Ignore me!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Whing: An Easy Decision

By Tim Dudding

Andrew Whing insists it was an easy decision to sign for the Seagulls, despite having several clubs chasing him for his signature. The 22-year-old right-back, who is still technically on the books at Coventry until the end of the month, revealed that he had been in constant touch with Albion boss Dean Wilkins following his return to the Ricoh Arena at Christmas.

"I'm delighted to be here, Whing said. "I'm glad it's all over now and I can look forward to the season, rather than speculating about which team I'm going to join or whatever. I had a lot of time to think it over because (Coventry manager) Iain Dowie told me just before the end of the season, which gave me time to have a rethink and speak to a few clubs.

"But Dean Wilkins and Dean White have been tremendous. They've really worked hard to get me here and I can't thank them enough. I'm delighted to repay them by signing the contract. Even when I was back at Coventry they were still on the phone asking how I was doing and keeping tabs on me, which was great for me to interact with them still. It just shows how much I meant to them. It was an easy decision for me to make really."

Whing will put pen to paper on the two year deal on the 1st July, before reporting to the training ground the next day for pre-season. And while the hard slog of pre-season holds little appeal, he admits he is looking forward to being reunited with his Albion team-mates.

"No-one likes pre-season but I'm actually looking forward to coming back and meeting the lads again and getting back into it. Obviously it's going to be hard work, but as soon as we get it out the way it's back to the season and we can kick on. I think we will surprise a lot of people next season."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here