Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Which way do you hang your toilet roll?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Neither

I hate toilet roll holders. I prefer the roll loose.

Holders tend to dispense too little or not enough. When loose you can have more control and be more exact in what you need dependant upon circumstances.

NorthLainer

Aug 12, 2011
Now available in Hove
Mother-in-law is an Option A-er. I've always thought it was odd. Every time she changes a roll here when she visits (not for a while obviously) I have to change it to Option B. Glad to see it's not just me who knows how it should be.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I've always thought that option A was for skinflints, as it never unrolls properly and you only get a few sheets before it tears off. If I am in a house that choose option A, I always make a point of turning it round to option B, just to annoy them - and show them how carefree I am!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
My ex girlfriend was option A yet strangely was a total snob. We always wrangled over this isuue as I was right.

For her 40th she insisted on staying in Claridges and the bog roll was positioned at option B. This was pointed out by me within 5 seconds of entering the room. Stupid bitch still ignored it. Hence she is now an ex. Very important issue this people.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I believe our own Stephen Grant once included a bit in his stand up routine on patents and produced a diagram of the original patent for a toilet roll holder where the diagram cleared showed Option B.

Can't recall his username here but would be interested to hear if it was true or for comedy effect.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Wife is A I am B. I always assumed it was because she mostly took a couple of sheets after a wee so was sitting down whilst I always took a couple of sheets after a poo and so was standing up (by the time I reached for the bog roll).

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
I can honestly say I couldn’t care either way. Put the roll on the holder, why does it matter? I’m not even sure if they’re the same way at our house. Ignorance is bliss

Do you sit or stand? Do you fold or scrunch? These are the toilet questions that need answering

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Wife is A I am B. I always assumed it was because she mostly took a couple of sheets after a wee so was sitting down whilst I always took a couple of sheets after a poo and so was standing up (by the time I reached for the bog roll).

A little too much information and oversharing, perhaps? :)

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Answer is B surely?

If nothing else, if the toilet is actually in the bathroom, then condensation on the walls, after a hot shower or bath, will make the toilet paper soggy (and unusable) if it is hung in position A?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here