[Football] Which three teams will be relegated this season

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He will certainly go for an eye watering sum, very good player and he scores and creates from the midfield. At least twice what Palace will get for Zaha imo

Unless of course he has a relegation clause with a lowish figure.

Hurts me to say it, but Haha is a fantastic player too, take him away from Palace and they become relgation candidates.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hurts me to say it, but Haha is a fantastic player too, take him away from Palace and they become relgation candidates.

You are only as good as your last season though. Zaha should have gone last season, he appears to be going through the motions most games this season. Obviously not against us though, the wanker :lolol:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
As Haha found out, it's a different ball game for flair players at a top 6 club. Grealish is decent, but everything goes through him at Villa. He has lots of chances to dribble and create chances for himself and others. It won't be the same at a big club, you have to work for the team and make different choices. Put the other way around, a big team would have to change their approach to accomodate Sock Boy. Highly doubtful it will happen. This is why some are destined to be big fish in small ponds.

See eg Shaqiri at Liverpool, Ozil at Arsenal. At a different level, Knocky for Potter.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Then I'll join the loony army, think they will get £65m-75m for him. Top, top player. United paid £80m for Maguire, cant see how Grealish would be much cheaper.

You can't gauge it by the Maguire deal though, because Utd basically had their pants pulled down whilst Leicester fingered them up the arse on that one. Leicester didn't NEED to sell, whereas Villa, once they're back in the Championship, will most certainly be in a position of having to.

Plus as you alluded to in your other post, the landscape post-Covid is very different now. Grealish won't go for any more than 50, tops. You heard it here first.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I think Eddie may well stay, he is Mr. Bournemouth, and Bournemouth are Eddie Howe. Before he took over they were in League Two.

And he has already failed at a bigger club (Burnley!) and had to go back with his tail between his legs. I don’t think he’ll be quick to make that mistake again! Like Zahahaha he is there for life

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Then I'll join the loony army, think they will get £65m-75m for him. Top, top player. United paid £80m for Maguire, cant see how Grealish would be much cheaper.

Players who play in the PL for a club that really don't want to sell go for a mint.
Players in the Championship who love themselves and are certain they deserve to play in the PL, on the other hand ...

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
As Haha found out, it's a different ball game for flair players at a top 6 club. Grealish is decent, but everything goes through him at Villa. He has lots of chances to dribble and create chances for himself and others. It won't be the same at a big club, you have to work for the team and make different choices. Put the other way around, a big team would have to change their approach to accomodate Sock Boy. Highly doubtful it will happen. This is why some are destined to be big fish in small ponds.

See eg Shaqiri at Liverpool, Ozil at Arsenal. At a different level, Knocky for Potter.

:lolol:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Exactly. I almost think that Villa would have done better without sock boy, because they can't go for a quick break away if it means bypassing his weirdly tanned legs. They're so predictable: everything has to go through him.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
....and I think to catch us (even assuming we get no more points) :

Bournemouth - 3W 1D from 5
Villa - 3W 1D from 5
West Ham - 2W or 1W 3D from 5
Watford - 2W or 1W 3D from 4

plus still to play :

WHU v Watford
WHU v Villa

None of our games are easy, so it is good that there is a bit of 'dog eats dog'.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Players who play in the PL for a club that really don't want to sell go for a mint.
Players in the Championship who love themselves and are certain they deserve to play in the PL, on the other hand ...

What a load of bullshit. The guy has played for Villa for 18 years, repeatedly said that he never wants to leave, stayed with his shit club in the Championship, works his ass off every game and has repeatedly said that he never wants to leave (though ofc its unsustainable if they keep being shit). Its a very loyal player who cares unusually much about his club. Only thing I can agree with is that he probably thinks he deserves to play in the PL, but anyone with two eyes would agree.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What a load of bullshit. The guy has played for Villa for 18 years, repeatedly said that he never wants to leave, stayed with his shit club in the Championship, works his ass off every game and has repeatedly said that he never wants to leave (though ofc its unsustainable if they keep being shit). Its a very loyal player who cares unusually much about his club. Only thing I can agree with is that he probably thinks he deserves to play in the PL, but anyone with two eyes would agree.

When Villa went down and stunk the PL out, Grealish was a very erratic, inconsistent talent with plenty of attitude issues on and off the pitch. There was no clamour by top 7 clubs to sign him. Villa twice ran out of cash under two different owners in quick succession. Yet not a sniff of big money for Grealish to part solve their cash crises.

At that stage he was in no way an accomplished loyal hero, producing the goods, Villa so very lucky to keep him.

He finally got his arse in gear in the Championship 2017/18, always one for a bargain Levy of Spurs tried to sign him in summer 2018, Villa rebutted the moves as they were desperate to get back to the PL. Grealish was said to be gutted ..... loyalty?

At age 24 this has been his breakthrough season at a high level of football. Still uncapped by England, but little doubt that’s around the corner.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When Villa went down and stunk the PL out, Grealish was a very erratic, inconsistent talent with plenty of attitude issues on and off the pitch. There was no clamour by top 7 clubs to sign him. Villa twice ran out of cash under two different owners in quick succession. Yet not a sniff of big money for Grealish to part solve their cash crises.

At that stage he was in no way an accomplished loyal hero, producing the goods, Villa so very lucky to keep him.

He finally got his arse in gear in the Championship 2017/18, always one for a bargain Levy of Spurs tried to sign him in summer 2018, Villa rebutted the moves as they were desperate to get back to the PL. Grealish was said to be gutted ..... loyalty?

At age 24 this has been his breakthrough season at a high level of football. Still uncapped by England, but little doubt that’s around the corner.

I may well be wrong here but wasn’t he recognised as a future star quite early on but spent quite a bit of time injured? I seem to recall he produced when match fit almost from the off?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Yeah I remember the big fuzz about him doing laughing gas............................

Sure he was a wild, erratic and inconsistent teenager but that dont really change anything, plenty are. Dunk probably had a beer when he was 20 as well, difference is no one gave a shit. As for Villa running out of money twice... I dont see the relevance. You mean he should have put himself on the market to any club available to bail out their incompetent owners?

But you are right, when they went down four years ago

"Grealish was said to be gutted". Who said that? Is that why he immediatly signed a new five year contract when he could have just gone to Spurs or another good team for coffee money the next summer?

He is a loyal, hard working player and that plenty of people have decided that they dont like him (or Villa for that matter) obviously makes it too painful to admit, yet true nonetheless.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I may well be wrong here but wasn’t he recognised as a future star quite early on but spent quite a bit of time injured? I seem to recall he produced when match fit almost from the off?

Always recognised, as was/is Foden, Bellingham, TAA, Sterling, Mount, Sessegnon and countless others.

But he had an attitude problem on and off the pitch, partying in match-weeks got him into hot water, often paralytic. All still in google, Villa punishing him. You’re right, he was out for a while with kidney damage after a training accident.

Their relegation and playing at a lower level, seems to have been a watershed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Dunk is easily the closest we have to him in terms of importance, loyalty and longevity........I don’t particularly like the girly-shinpadded, lockdown-abusing, poncy-haired, orange-skinned prick (mostly because he always plays well against us), but as you say you can’t question his commitment to his hometown club.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With all the money they spent last summer, Villa will have some difficult decisions to make if they go down. Norwich probably won't, as they have hardly invested at all. But this table of what clubs still owe on historic transfers suggest that Bournemouth and West Ham will also have to sell big.

https://talksport.com/football/693138/premier-league-clubs-owe-transfer-fees-coronavirus/

I wouldn't discount Spurs from being a big trouble, either.

They are borrowing money left right and centre just to keep afloat, let alone having a further £80+m worth of debt on the horizon.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
With all the money they spent last summer, Villa will have some difficult decisions to make if they go down. Norwich probably won't, as they have hardly invested at all. But this table of what clubs still owe on historic transfers suggest that Bournemouth and West Ham will also have to sell big.

https://talksport.com/football/693138/premier-league-clubs-owe-transfer-fees-coronavirus/

Co-incidentally I was looking at Bournemouth's accounts (!) earlier today. The £80m they owed at 30/6/19 was split into £30m to be paid in the past 12 months, and £50m due after that (ie, from 1 July 2020 onwards). This figure obviously doesn't include anyone they bought after 30th June last year....having a quick look, I see they managed to spend nearly £45m on Danjuma, Billing and Kelly - and it's likely some of those transfer fees are still to be paid. It's possible that they still owe other clubs around £70m, at the precise moment they are facing almost certain relegation.

Unbelievably, they seem to have spent £15m on Billing, whilst we got Mooy for £5m.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Co-incidentally I was looking at Bournemouth's accounts (!) earlier today. The £80m they owed at 30/6/19 was split into £30m to be paid in the past 12 months, and £50m due after that (ie, from 1 July 2020 onwards). This figure obviously doesn't include anyone they bought after 30th June last year....having a quick look, I see they managed to spend nearly £45m on Danjuma, Billing and Kelly - and it's likely some of those transfer fees are still to be paid. It's possible that they still owe other clubs around £70m, at the precise moment they are facing almost certain relegation.

Unbelievably, they seem to have spent £15m on Billing, whilst we got Mooy for £5m.

I really hope plucky go down, I've not looked at their books but its clear to see they spend every penny on transfers and wages, and all way over value.

They need to be back in League 1 where they belong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports