Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which three teams will be relegated this season

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Villa fans are tearing themselves apart on their messageboard following Watfords win. Its all about catching them or West Ham now.

I've not seen us mentioned, strangely.

I'm confused. I thought their aim was top 4? Why are they bothered about West Ham and Watford?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
....and I think to catch us (even assuming we get no more points) :

Bournemouth - 3W 1D from 5
Villa - 3W 1D from 5
West Ham - 2W or 1W 3D from 5
Watford - 2W or 1W 3D from 4

plus still to play :

WHU v Watford
WHU v Villa

Not to mention that for us to go down, it requires 3 of those 4 teams to get past us. I suspect we'll be safe with 3 to play regardless of our own results vs Liverpool and City. Although ... that depends on Palace beating Villa, and Palace's form since restart has been dire.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not to mention that for us to go down, it requires 3 of those 4 teams to get past us. I suspect we'll be safe with 3 to play regardless of our own results vs Liverpool and City. Although ... that depends on Palace beating Villa, and Palace's form since restart has been dire.

Yep, will be a very big surprise if one of them does, let alone 3 of them.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Villa fans are tearing themselves apart on their messageboard following Watfords win. Its all about catching them or West Ham now.

They've gone totally bonkers on Villa Talk. They're talking about who to get as a new manager when Smith gets them relegated. The runaway winner in their poll is Pochettino. The runner-up (with half Poch's votes) is Dyche - surprised they didn't go for Guardiola.

Are they living in a permanent drug haze up there or something?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They've gone totally bonkers on Villa Talk. They're talking about who to get as a new manager when Smith gets them relegated. The runaway winner in their poll is Pochettino. The runner-up (with half Poch's votes) is Dyche - surprised they didn't go for Guardiola.

How are Everton doing? :wink:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'll offer a different view on England CB, again. Mings will not have a place for years to come for the very reason you indicate: he's not that good. But there haven't currently been too many CBs to partner Maguire. I suspect you'll see Gomez starting alongside Maguire and, into the future, their key challengers will come from younger players, perhaps including White.

Fingers crossed you're right about Mings.

I had high hopes for Gomez, but for example in LFC's last two games he was awful, making the Villa attack look effective for the first hour.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
To add to this, no matter how much Southgate loves Mings, he won’t pick him from the Championship next season. So he’s going to have to leave big club Villa.

Villa will probably get £75million for Grealish - and Mings signed a pretty big contract when he joined villa permanently (apparently £1.3million a year with 2 years to go) - If he cannot get the same or similar he could stay at Villa. There are a pile of other players also on big contracts that they will likely have to dump. They spent about £150m on transfers last summer.

Villa 'should' be a 'big club' - but they have never lived up to their billing over the past 40 years - and that leads them to coming up with some bat-shit crazy stuff. If the do sack Smith (and I think they might keep him) - Hughton would actually be the ideal replacement.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Villa will probably get £75million for Grealish - and Mings signed a pretty big contract when he joined villa permanently (apparently £1.3million a year with 2 years to go) - If he cannot get the same or similar he could stay at Villa. There are a pile of other players also on big contracts that they will likely have to dump. They spent about £150m on transfers last summer.

Villa 'should' be a 'big club' - but they have never lived up to their billing over the past 40 years - and that leads them to coming up with some bat-shit crazy stuff. If the do sack Smith (and I think they might keep him) - Hughton would actually be the ideal replacement.

Is anyone mad enough to spend 75 million on Grealish?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I do actually rate Grealish, but you're loony tunes if you think they can get £75m for him, especially when they go down. Thats SEGW territory, and we've all seen how thats panned out.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Villa will probably get £75million for Grealish - and Mings signed a pretty big contract when he joined villa permanently (apparently £1.3million a year with 2 years to go) - If he cannot get the same or similar he could stay at Villa.

I'd be surprised if Mings or Grealish are "only" on £1.3m a year. That's only £25k per week. I would think they'd both be on double that.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I do actually rate Grealish, but you're loony tunes if you think they can get £75m for him, especially when they go down. Thats SEGW territory, and we've all seen how thats panned out.

Then I'll join the loony army, think they will get £65m-75m for him. Top, top player. United paid £80m for Maguire, cant see how Grealish would be much cheaper.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Pochettino! lolol, why on earth would he want to take over at Villa Park?

Could even attract the likes of Chris Hughton if they go down, providing he can deal with the politics there of course.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Then I'll join the loony army, think they will get £65m-75m for him. Top, top player. United paid £80m for Maguire, cant see how Grealish would be much cheaper.

He will certainly go for an eye watering sum, very good player and he scores and creates from the midfield. At least twice what Palace will get for Zaha imo

Unless of course he has a relegation clause with a lowish figure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here