Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Religion Is The Most Attractive

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Er, by using science, one mad religious person can kill millions with the flip of a button - religious people don't restrict themselves to using pea shooters. It's people that are the issue here, not science or religion.

So then no religion is actually bad, only the people within it.

Meaning if no religion existed people would be absolutely no different to how they are now with religion present.

On that I agree.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
To answer the OP, for me, Christianity is the most attractive. There is an awful lot that is right with it. However there is also enough wrong with it to lead me to reject it, with reluctance.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Well given the scare tactics being used by science over climate change I'd think if science wasn't such a big factor in daily life we might still die younger, but the planet would be in far better shape.

And you'd still be living in a cave.

If you have to resort to believing in fairy stories to live your life, then I feel really sorry for you. Personally I'd rather live in the real world.

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
Religion is all the bad things people have said on here. The only problem is without it, there is no hope.
People in a really bad way need something to cling onto. With no religion what would it be?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Prove it.

Well it's generally down to greed that humanity has enacted conflict.

Borders are established to try to make a point of stating what is yours and what isn't.

A great deal of human conflict involved one bunch of humans wanting to move into the territory of another and to expand its borders.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
And you'd still be living in a cave.

If you have to resort to believing in fairy stories to live your life, then I feel really sorry for you. Personally I'd rather live in the real world.

What does it matter what anyone believes in if they are happy and harming nobody.

People don't simply "resort" to believing in something.

There's no such thing as "the real world". You merely live in your version of it.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Well it's generally down to greed that humanity has enacted conflict.

Borders are established to try to make a point of stating what is yours and what isn't.

A great deal of human conflict involved one bunch of humans wanting to move into the territory of another and to expand its borders.
Well that's true, but actual "man made borders" are a relatively recent phenomenon.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The most "attractive" religion for me is the one that is the least intrusive. So a religion that doesn't involve attending a place of worship, praying x number of times a day, wearing certain clothes, not cutting hair, forcing people to marry etc. etc.

This is obviously all irrelevant anyway as I'm an atheist.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Well that's true, but actual "man made borders" are a relatively recent phenomenon.

On piece of paper true enough.

But the concept has existed for a long, long time. Just back then it was a river, a valley or a outcrop of rocks that defined the boundaries.

Crossing them did have consequences though.

It's a reminder that we are very much part of the animal kingdom.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Religion is all the bad things people have said on here. The only problem is without it, there is no hope.
People in a really bad way need something to cling onto. With no religion what would it be?

Football?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
What does it matter what anyone believes in if they are happy and harming nobody.

People don't simply "resort" to believing in something.

There's no such thing as "the real world". You merely live in your version of it.
To a certain extent that is true. But there are limits. For example it doesn't matter how fervently you believe that eight-legged mushrooms built the great wall of china. It isn't true. There are and must be things that are true or false, irrespective of what people actually believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here