Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which NATION could you represent?

When I lived in Newport, I was always promised a place in the Welsh rugby team - but my folks foolishly moved to Birmingham when I was 12, thereby denying me the opportunity to win fame and fortune by getting my knees muddy.

Ancestrally, though, I have no connection to Wales. England, Scotland and Ireland, but not Wales.

If birth is what counts, put me down as Yorkshire.

Roz, on the other hand, is just a tad Welsh and a little bit English (although she tends to deny that), but mainly Australian and Irish - although the Australian passport she used to travel on never took her further south than France. And her earliest Australian ancestor sailed his whaling boat there from Scotland in 1835.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
My grandparents came from four different countries: England, Ireland, Scotland and France. But (with the possible exception of Scotland) I have no affinity for them, I'm not one for saying "My grandad's Irish therefore I'm Irish" so there's no way I could play for, or support, any of them.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
From family = England and Scotland

Marriage and residence (a la Almunia) = Turkey

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
Although both sets of grandparents had Irish roots, I was born and bred in Ing-er-lund. But despite living in Scotland for 27 years and being married to a Scot, they'll never give me a Scottish passport. :facepalm:

IKDRF

May 1, 2009
Amazingly:

England(Birth), Wales, Scotland (Grandparents) Nigeria (Mums Birth) Israel (Jewish) and possibly Spain although thats a Great Grandparent

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Republic of Ireland, England, Switzerland (although could be a bit of a Vinny Jones, not sure exactly where my grandad was born).

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
england, ireland and possibly canada

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bunch of mongels....the lot of you.

Dandyman

In London village.
England
South Africa (Father)