Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You don’t see an issue in him possibly refusing to sign for Liverpool as he’d rather sign for a club who offered 15 million less?

1) I really have no idea what he's said to the clubs or what he's thinking.
2) Perhaps he has a preference for which club he signs for, and why is that an issue? And if he's going to spend his career at one of those clubs, why should he give a shit whether they offered us £111m or £15m less? That's not his business. Obviously we might simply say we've accepted an offer from Liverpool, and we will not accept a lower offer from Chelsea, so he has the choice of Liverpool or staying with us, and that's fine. He can't complain that we haven't let him go because we have. And he can't complain we haven't accepted a lower offer, why should we? So we can leave it to Chelsea to try and match the bid, and him to choose from the options.

Not that I imagine he has refused to sign for Liverpool. I imagine he's just seeing what his options are, and what wages etc he's being offered by each club.

Lucky you aren’t anywhere near the Albion recruitment/transfer team then :smile:
Eh? I'd have been happy to wait for an acceptable bid, which is what we've done.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Quite a contrast from what he said in the run-up to the Bournemouth game in early February, after Moises had been told to stay away from the club during the rest of the window, but was brought back into the fold.

“I’m very happy that Moises will stay with us until the end of the season, and I want to speak to our fans because I want them to support him and not criticise him. I don’t know if he made a mistake or not, but the transfer market is closed. I am the coach and I take the responsibility for him, and I think the fans must follow me and believe in me."

And we did. Moises got a tremendous reception at the Amex when he came on as a 2nd half sub.

Since then, and then signing a new deal, Moises and his agent have thrown this show of faith and solidarity back in RDZ's face. I wouldn't be surprised if they both wake up to a horses head tomorrow.

Silly boy has burnt his bridges,
The difference is that we weren't selling him then, so Roberto had to keep the player happy and ready to do a good job for us, whereas this time we are expecting to sell him, so the manager will have no more to do with him.

He doesn't need bridges, he won't be playing for us again. Unless the deal falls through, and then Roberto could be saying something quite different.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I don't why but I think Caicedo might stay at Brighton after all this speculation :unsure:

After months of Caicedo (or, more likely, his agents) trying to force a move away from the South Coast - and currently 289 pages on this thread - I've got this strange feeling that it will not lead anywhere and he will be stuck here again 😕

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ooooh. Or has deleted his tweet!
David Ornstein

@fate_champ
·
1h

🚨
Chelsea have decided not to submit a bid to Brighton + Hove Albion for Moises Caicedo, Brighton set a deadline of 6pm British time for Chelsea to match or beat LFC's £111m offer. Chelsea decided that it was too risky with FFP limitations and have now pulled out.
@TheAthletic
IMG_0141.png

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I don't why but I think Caicedo might stay at Brighton after all this speculation :unsure:

After months of Caicedo (or, more likely, his agents) trying to force a move away from the South Coast - and currently 289 pages on this thread - I've got this strange feeling that it will not lead anywhere and he will be stuck here again 😕
Nope his gone. This will sort itself out. I fully expect Chelsea to cough up a bit more. Should be done and dusted over the weekend

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here