[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Why are Chelsea fans (and some of the media) wetting themselves about the other bid/s being confidential? As the selling club, it wouldn't be Albion's place to disclose any information like that. If the bidding club wants to, that's up to them.

Sep 9, 2010
Had to stop watching that as my brain was melting. I do sometimes smile to myself at how much we're getting inside their heads. The incredulous "how dare they not give us what we want" attitude causing such feather spitting. It is a little amusing.

On balance though I can't wait for it to all be over, so I can at least see posts/videos by the club that aren't hijacked by "free Mose/cacado/Carcedo" or other such comments by "fans" who can't even get his name right!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If the roles were reversed, I would be pretty suspicious about unnamed clubs making a bid for a player we have been after for most of the window.

I don't think for a second that we are trying to pull off such a bad bluff, but it is an unusual announcement.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That racist post by ‘the Celery King’ referring to Tony as a ‘grubby little Jewish trader’ has now been on the Shed End Caicedo thread for 10 hours. No intervention from the moderators of that board. There is not much we can do about it but I know our club monitor NSC and they have a lot more clout than us…
Intervention? They’re probably ordering his ‘Poster of the Year’ award.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Just 4 weeks of the transfer window left and Chelsea still haven't offered the required fee and got the deal over the line.

Losestanley is having a nightmare. Lol.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Just 4 weeks of the transfer window left and Chelsea still haven't offered the required fee and got the deal over the line.

I had forgotten about him.

Every player has his price, but is it possible (however unlikely) that Tony Bloom has never had any intention of selling Caicedo to Chelsea, and that Winstanley is one of the reasons? Even if it were deliciously true, we may never find out, as TB always keeps his cards close to his chest anyway.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If the roles were reversed, I would be pretty suspicious about unnamed clubs making a bid for a player we have been after for most of the window.

I don't think for a second that we are trying to pull off such a bad bluff, but it is an unusual announcement.
Yeah, like you I am pondering this one. The guy in the video is absolutely spot on when he says that it is an obvious move in a transfer negotiation, to either pretend or manufacture interest from elsewhere in an attempt to worry the buyer that they might lose out. And he's right, it IS an obvious move, and everyone knows it to be an obvious, see-through move, so why are we playing it when we are pretty confident that our team are a step above in their negotiation skills?

I'm wondering if its some kind of double-bluff, that they know that we know that they know that its an obvious bluff tactic - so we're trying to get inside their heads; could it be a way of trying to get them to back off? or that there REALLY is additional interest and we're just telling the truth; or that the intended audience isn't Chelsea at all but the Caiceido camp; or the Saudis. Or maybe we really don't want Chelsea to quit and we reckon that Boehly et al will be swayed by the oldest tricks in the book...

😫

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

So he's got 4 weeks to meet the price if we insist on it or gradually try and get him for a better price if we are willing to drop a little?

Not sure where the nightmare is there.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yeah, like you I am pondering this one. The guy in the video is absolutely spot on when he says that it is an obvious move in a transfer negotiation, to either pretend or manufacture interest from elsewhere in an attempt to worry the buyer that they might lose out. And he's right, it IS an obvious move, and everyone knows it to be an obvious, see-through move, so why are we playing it when we are pretty confident that our team are a step above in their negotiation skills?

I'm wondering if its some kind of double-bluff, that they know that we know that they know that its an obvious bluff tactic - so we're trying to get inside their heads; could it be a way of trying to get them to back off? or that there REALLY is additional interest and we're just telling the truth; or that the intended audience isn't Chelsea at all but the Caiceido camp; or the Saudis. Or maybe we really don't want Chelsea to quit and we reckon that Boehly et al will be swayed by the oldest tricks in the book...

😫
You need to have a nice cup of tea and just trust in Tony (y)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

😫
Now you know how Tony’s poker opponents feel :laugh:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nkunku has now picked up an injury and they’re unsure how long he will be out so maybe they will need to concentrate their time and money on another striker now as they were already short there.
Yes, if Nkunku is indeed out for a couple of weeks, that leaves their current registered list of available forwards as:

Nico Jackson, Romelu Lukaku, Armando Broja, Raheem Sterling, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Noni Madueke, Mykjaylo Mudryk, Angelo and Diego Moreira

#BareBones

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

Four weeks. Four weeks. It already feels like this saga’s been running since Magna bloody Carta.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports