Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He has to be pretty close to home grown though? He signed early 2021. I know he hit 21 years old recently but he must have been close to being homegrown? Maybe someone else knows the math better.
Only requires being able to count to 3…….

A "Home-Grown Player" means a player who, irrespective of nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to The Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons, or 36 months, before his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which they turn 21)

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Only requires being able to count to 3…….

A "Home-Grown Player" means a player who, irrespective of nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to The Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons, or 36 months, before his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which they turn 21)
Yes I know that. So does anyone know if he is?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Surprisingly quiet on the Caicedo front, I thought it would be done by now even at this early stage.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Surprisingly quiet on the Caicedo front, I thought it would be done by now even at this early stage.
Who realistically has a big enough summer budget that they can start putting down £70m+ offers? Probably only a few teams, and some of those will have other priorities to sort first. Arsenal...but they'll want to get the Rice deal done first so they know what cash they have left to spend. United... but their priority is strikers so they'll focus their budget on that initially. Chelsea... but they need to sell first to free up squad space & I doubt Bloom will do much business with them unless Colwill is coming the other way. The Caicedo transfer could drag on all summer.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Who is that guy? Some wannabe Fabrizio Romano?
Basically yeah. He rehashes Romano's and other's stories but with a focus on us. That tweet above is very clickbait, suggesting he has some inside info by making it about the player rather than the clubs.
Nothing has changed that we don't know, it appears. At least Arsenal and Chelsea want him, he's keen to move, but no bids have been made.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Arsenal, after us playing hardball and holding out for £90million.
That’s my guess also, though i expect it will be a complicated deal with a base figure lower than your number and add ons above your number. All of which will be ‘undisclosed’. Which will no doubt facilitate a binfest about whether it was good deal.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
All the reports have suggested that's always been their intention.
I’m guessing that Arsenal will overpay for Rice to the order of some £20m - £40m. If they are then not prepared to overpay for Caicedo, he’ll end up at Chelsea or Manure. I suspect some at the club are still angry with Arsenal’s conduct in the January window, it’s going to be very tough for them to get our man.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agreed ... yet nearly half of participants in the above survey think otherwise - very strange
I was amazed when I saw the vote tallies.

For me, it's always been about where he'll go, not if he'll go.

I can only assume a lot of folk have been voting with their heart and not their head.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I was amazed when I saw the vote tallies.

For me, it's always been about where he'll go, not if he'll go.

I can only assume a lot of folk have been voting with their heart and not their head.
That's been the case since January. Anyone thinking otherwise is deluded. Simple as.

Agreed ... yet nearly half of participants in the above survey think otherwise - very strange
I guess I'm both strange and deluded then.

I think it's 50/50 that he's leaving this summer. I have no doubt that Arsenal and probably Chelsea at least will be in for him. I have no doubt that Caicedo would be happy to join either of those.

BUT, there is no release clause or escape mechanism in Caicedo's newly signed, long term contract so the only way we sell is if we get offered enough. There may be an 'agreement' as claimed in the random twitter quote but if there is I'd be very surprised if it wasn't along the lines of 'you can go if we get a suitable' offer.

Will Arsenal or Chelsea offer a suitable amount? I'm not convinced they will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here