Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I feel confident that he will be going to Chelsea for a decent fee plus Colwill.
35 minutes or so since you posted this and no one has queried why a player would leave a top 6 club playing in Europe for a mid table side.

Standards are slipping.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

Its like they simply dont pay attention. Its been brightons MO for a while now not to give a price, but just to sit back and wait till someone offers an amount that TB and the board feel the player is worth. Cucurella surely showed them that, and Potter must have told them.

If ever I see a report stating "Brighton set price for...." I know its just a made up story

One of the things I believe Arsenal said over the white transfer was how hard it was, as they had no idea what Brighton wanted for him, thewy just had to keep going back. No negotiation as such, just heres 30 million..NO, heres 40 Million--No, Heres 45 Million..No and so on

Chelsea and Arsenal could werll bid obver the odds and not even know that we would have accepted 20 Million less!

Lets hope we rinse them again if he goes to Chelsea

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Chelsea for £300 MILLION POUNDS.

(Then we can buy him back in a year when they've decided he's shithouse, having played him at right-back all season)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

"EXCL: Understand Chelsea have informed Brighton they will match any bid from Arsenal for Moises Caicedo. Chelsea feel that Brighton want a bidding war, as they have not set a firm price. Chelsea do not want a bidding war, so have simply said they'll match what Arsenal offer."

I'm sure this has been covered already, but....

what a load of bollox

1) We don't set firm prices for any of our players
2) If Chelsea will match, but not beat any price from Arsenal - fine, we'll sell to Arsenal - what exactly is the advantage of selling to Chelsea if they won't beat the price?
3) Let's just pretend it's true (it's not) for fun: Arsenal have a chat with us, and agree to offer £200m on the basis that we immediately accept the £200m bid from Chelsea. What do they do then? Oh, er, no, we want to withdraw it now.

Why give these clickbait tweets your clicks?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1) We don't set firm prices for any of our players
2) If Chelsea will match, but not beat any price from Arsenal - fine, we'll sell to Arsenal - what exactly is the advantage of selling to Chelsea if they won't beat the price?
The tweet says exactly the same as your point 1; "they [Brighton] have not set a firm price [for Caicedo]".

If Arsenal and Chelsea both make an offer that is acceptable to the Albion, then it will almost certainly be down to Caicedo which club he goes to. An "advantage" to the Albion doesn't really come into it, unless we are trying to use the leverage of the Caicedo sale to prise someone else to join us, with Colwill being the obvious name there.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I've got a weird feeling we'll keep hold of him. I don't think the circumstances are right at any other club to justify paying the fee we want. Arsenal want Rice, Liverpool just got Mac, Chelsea won't give up Colwill ect...
I disagree with this.

Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea are apparently rebuilding their midfields. Man Utd and Man City could possibly be in the market too.

With Arsenal and Chelsea, some transfer commentators are saying they are after two central midfielders (Arsenal: Rice & Caicedo & Chelsea: Lavia & Caicedo).

I think it’ll be a seller’s market in the EPL this summer with Bellingham to Madrid, seemingly done, there will surely be bidding wars for World Class midfielders like our Ecuadorian boy.

Ideally, this will mean Chelsea have to sell us Colwill but we’ll still get £50m+ in cash for Moises if there is an exchange. Selling to a non-top 6 club means we are not strengthening our direct competition.

Yoda

English & European
Why would Chelsea even consider any signings for positions where they are overloaded already? Poch hasn't even warmed the seat of his chair with his arse yet, let along seen what he's got to work with.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Arsenal and Chelsea both make an offer that is acceptable to the Albion, then it will almost certainly be down to Caicedo which club he goes to. An "advantage" to the Albion doesn't really come into it, unless we are trying to use the leverage of the Caicedo sale to prise someone else to join us, with Colwill being the obvious name there.
If one club offered £80m and we thought that was acceptable, but the other offered £90m, surely we'd say no to the £80m rather than offering Caicedo the choice?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Nailed on he goes to Chelsea. With at least one player coming this way, though I suspect as seperate deals.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Why would Chelsea even consider any signings for positions where they are overloaded already? Poch hasn't even warmed the seat of his chair with his arse yet, let along seen what he's got to work with.
There is a Chelsea exodus happening right now in terms of defensive midfielders:

N’Golo Kanté - To Al-Ittihar on £86m per year
Denis Lemi Zakaria Lako Lado - Back to Juve
Mateo Kovacic - In discussions with Citeh

And if you think Mr Toad is listening to the advice of Poch on this, you clearly haven’t been paying attention to Chelsea transfer policy since the Yank Nut took over last year.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
At the moment 47.9% of poll say he`s staying put. I hope but sadly doubt the 47.9% are right !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here