Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think Mac Allister will negate any bad feeling, or it should.
I don't see why maccer is considered a saint though. If Chelsea were in for him I'm sure he'll would have gone there. At the end of the day caicedo and his advisors were a nightmare but we got a much bigger payday out of it.

It's all just business.

Still..... I love a boo so can't wait for the Chelsea games.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Did he say all those things? He support Utd, but said he supports Chelsea?
That's exactly what I thought! I guess that you have to kind of say those things when you're on your new team's propaganda channel, but a 30-second internet search will tell you that it's contradictory to what he'd said previously.

My guess is that his "Playing for [insert club here] would be a dream come true" to Moises and his 'team' actually means "Earning that much money would be a dream come true". The latter is absolutely fine with me – and obvious – but don't make yourself look like a plum by trotting out the fake allegiance shite.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
That's exactly what I thought! I guess that you have to kind of say those things when you're on your new team's propaganda channel, but a 30-second internet search will tell you that it's contradictory to what he'd said previously.

My guess is that his "Playing for [insert club here] would be a dream come true" to Moises and his 'team' actually means "Earning that much money would be a dream come true". The latter is absolutely fine with me – and obvious – but don't make yourself look like a plum by trotting out the fake allegiance shite.
Robbie Keane was the master of this!

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I honestly cannot get worked up about a vacuous, transparently false PR statement attributed to Caicedo, written by his agent. If you bother to read it at all, you either accept it at face value or respond with bitter irony. Neither option is very helpful.

The best alternative in my view is to reciprocate the insipid pleasantries, then concentrate on NOW and follow RDZ's mindset 'I have forgotten him already'.
I think RDZ had a point when he suggested our huge home defeat to Everton was mostly due to the players dwelling on the Manchester United victory days before. We should heed the warning about being preoccupied with the past.

Whatever Enciso and Mitoma may or may not do is idle speculation and a waste of time. The club and we have work to do now!
"The best alternative in my view is to reciprocate the insipid pleasantries, then concentrate on NOW and follow RDZ's mindset 'I have forgotten him already'."... brilliant 👏🎬👏👍🤣

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
'It has always been my dream to play for Al-Hilal, Al-Ettifaq Al-Fateh Al-Riyadh Al-Shabab. Who is it again?'
- Moises, January 2024 transfer window, breakfast lounge, Lanesborough Hotel, Hyde Park Corner.

#freemoisescaicedo
#wholeecuadorianvillagetofeed

'I'm absolutely, completely and utterly ****ing stuffed................oh all right, one more sausage' - Manuel Sierra.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Really don't know why anyone would get upset by media soundbites and what he's told to say. Of course he's going to toe the line and suck up to potential suitors and then who he eventually signed for, duh. And I wore a full Ipswich kit as a 10 yo around the Bobby Robson era before discovering my local club (first HH then the Albion). Maybe as a player growing up in S. America he changed who he supported in the UK, far away, many times, who gives a monkeys. Ali Mac handled the pressers and the move better but equally it means diddly, they're just tradesmen being traded. I sincerely hope he is the only player who plays well for Chelsea (I heard first hand the guff Sanchez spouted while out of the team so I hope he drops loads of clangers), plays many blinders...... while still being on the losing team every time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Utterly deluded Chelsea fans now - 'He always dreamed of playing fo Chelsea' - no he didn't, he dreamed of playing for Manchester United. 'He went up to Liverpool (no, he didn't, actually) and smelled the piss' - so decided to sign for Chelsea. No he didn't, you wankers - it was for the money. :facepalm:

Not sure that it would. There'd quickly have been rumours flying about if we'd accepted 70m so early - like he'd gone on strike, or was having a Trossard strop. Would have been equally distasteful.

What makes him a complete nob in my eyes is the way he and his agent have used Liverpool to engineer his greedy demands with Chelsea. I just hope that hasn't affected our relationship with Liverpool in the long run, as they and their (actual, proper) fans are a much classier and storied club than the plastic pricks from West London.
Nah, Liverpool are fine with us. They got Ally Mac on the cheap!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I cant be bothered with the bitterness now he’s gone. Great player for us and a huge factor in our best ever season. So good that if he’d just kept his trap shut and been professional then he might have been fondly remembered even after leaving so soon. It’ll be satisfying if he flops (ok, a little bitterness) but I’ll greet his Amex return with indifference rather than hatred.

Ally Mac, by contrast, I’d happily see on the legends wall. He stayed long enough for us to feel ongoing pride in his development and had a genuine connection with the club and the fans. Watching an Albion player excel in a World Cup final is something I’ll never forget. Definitely a ‘Seagull’.

I suppose the message for the players is that it’s not so much about when and where you go as how you do it. Just show some respect to the club that helped you earn your massive opportunity and the fans who were always good to you.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Did he say all those things? He support Utd, but said he supports Chelsea?
Yes he does - right at the beginning of the interview- ‘Yeah I support Chelsea, as a kid … ‘ he then goes on to list Chelsea players that inspired him.

Anyway time to move on and to paraphrase RDZ, forget him already.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I cant be bothered with the bitterness now he’s gone. Great player for us and a huge factor in our best ever season. So good that if he’d just kept his trap shut and been professional then he might have been fondly remembered even after leaving so soon. It’ll be satisfying if he flops (ok, a little bitterness) but I’ll greet his Amex return with indifference rather than hatred.

Ally Mac, by contrast, I’d happily see on the legends wall. He stayed long enough for us to feel ongoing pride in his development and had a genuine connection with the club and the fans. Watching an Albion player excel in a World Cup final is something I’ll never forget. Definitely a ‘Seagull’.

I suppose the message for the players is that it’s not so much about when and where you go as how you do it. Just show some respect to the club that helped you earn your massive opportunity and the fans who were always good to you.
By having clever advisers/agents that negotiate your contract that means said club get offered under market value for you, can't stop you leaving and you can walk away as an angel?

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
But Ali Mac could have not signed a new contract and walked away for free in the summer. He did the right thing by us.
It was widely reported we had a one-year option on his original deal, so no he wouldn't have been able to walk away for free.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
By having clever advisers/agents that negotiate your contract that means said club get offered under market value for you, can't stop you leaving and you can walk away as an angel?
No. By getting your head down and not being disruptive, staying a reasonable amount of time, being a genuinely nice character and great ambassador for the club, then progressing your career for a fair figure for both parties. £55m if we use the normal method of quoting transfer values, which is to include the add-ons rather than ignore them for a story. If you don't accept that fee was reasonable, bear in mind Mac Allister could have enriched himself further by seeing out his original contract and leaving for nothing next summer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I don’t recall him opening his trap through all this……..nor seen any evidence that he was unprofessional :shrug:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It was widely reported we had a one-year option on his original deal, so no he wouldn't have been able to walk away for free.

Even if we had the option we'd have still lost him for a lot less than we will eventually get from the Liverpool transfer. No-one would be paying over £50 million for a player in the last year of his contract. The club made the best of the situation by getting him to sign a new deal even if we had to put a release mechanism into the contract, it protected our investment in him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Even if we had the option we'd have still lost him for a lot less than we will eventually get from the Liverpool transfer. No-one would be paying over £50 million for a player in the last year of his contract. The club made the best of the situation by getting him to sign a new deal even if we had to put a release mechanism into the contract, it protected our investment in him.
Agreed it was an excellent move by the club and in truth who expected him to come back from the WC as the MOTM World Cup winner? He wasn’t even guaranteed a starting place when he went.

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Moises was probably the best ever player to play for Brighton , helped us(massive understatement) finish at our highest in the English Top division and qualify for Europe and he also brought in more money to the club than we could have expected.

Why don't we leave the conservation like that rather than all the bitching.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here