Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Way too early to be calling him one of the best !!

Decent player, but didn't set the world alight at beerschot (ok they're a joke club) and doesn't really stand out for equador, thought pervis was much better at the world cup.

Glad we are holding firm on the price though as his potential is unbelievable.
Name me a better ball playing CDM in the Premier League.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Bloom's Not For Sale shutter must slam down in about 2-3 weeks time ?

I can't see us selling him at all once the season starts.
This was the position a few minutes ago.
Those boxes all contain wonderkids by the way.
1690353720618.png

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Talking to a Chelsea STH yesterday he just can't understand why we want to much such a big profit from our original investment.
Thought we are being greedy, he just didn't get the fundamental idea of business "buy low, sell high".
Asked me to explain the price tag and I replied "Declan Rice".
I’ve had similar conversations. My response has been something like… “well if someone (Arsenal) bid £70m for one of your players, which was rejected, and then that player signed a new long term contract, and then a player of similar quality/position (Rice) was sold for £105m in the very same transfer window & league…. you tell me how much you think we could get for Caicedo?” They soon shut up. With only those facts in mind all logic says the price would be at least £80m, probably more.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I've been watching the poll results. The % of votes for "Nowhere - he's staying put" has been gradually creeping upwards as time goes on. Might have to start keeping an eye on the actual vote numbers, see if that's the result of people changing their votes or new people voting more recently. I think it's the former - I'm sure there were more votes for City / Newcastle / Liverpool at the start of the window than there are now.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Chelsea see us as a threat I can almost guarantee they will offer to pay the £100m right at the end of the window with the hopeful plan it won’t give us enough time to find a replacement.
There is no replacement - hence the fee!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Talking to a Chelsea STH yesterday he just can't understand why we want to much such a big profit from our original investment.
Thought we are being greedy, he just didn't get the fundamental idea of business "buy low, sell high".
Should have asked to explain what “Proper Chels” is

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
RDZ can say we will need a replacement all he wants but even if we have someone lined up things are likely to change when the selling team know we have a week left of the transfer window and an extra £100million in the bank. There is no replacement for Moises, however good our recruitment is, if left with a week of the window to go
I'm certain that behind closed doors there's a cut off to all this nonsense.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Did he say why they feel entitled to a bargain fee ?

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
I've been watching the poll results. The % of votes for "Nowhere - he's staying put" has been gradually creeping upwards as time goes on. Might have to start keeping an eye on the actual vote numbers, see if that's the result of people changing their votes or new people voting more recently. I think it's the former - I'm sure there were more votes for City / Newcastle / Liverpool at the start of the window than there are now.
Take a screenshot of it now

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Caicedo dominated Casemiro in the cup semi final. Cas simply resorted to kicking him. It was a similar story at the Amex when we won.

I can’t recall a match where anyone has clearly had his number.
It was just the Forest away game where Moises (and the rest) were just knackered where I didn't think he was best player on the pitch

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Rodri and probably casemiro

And outside of the epl

Kimmich , verrati , brozovich , camavinga
Just taking the EPL players the player comparison tool is always fun.

Moises and Casemiro play slightly different roles. Casemiro is better in the air and as an attacker, Moises is far better defending - hence why I said CDM. Last season Moises had 56 interceptions to 34 and won 100 tackles to 89. Caicedo gave away one goal conceding error, Casemiro gave away one penalty. More games for Moises because of when Casemiro was signed, but not significantly. Look at Teamplay and you'll see why I said 'ball playing'. 2209 passes to 1402, 88.77% pass accuracy compared to 78% and more forward passes, all for our boy. Casemiro creates more chances and has more goals - because he's used differently and is, undoubtedly a better attacking weapon than MC.

Rodri has better stats across most of the game except tackles, interceptions and errors. It's a good shout, but not surprising considering the trophies City won.

So - arguably MC is the second best CDM in the best league in the world - ergo one of the best in the world.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Just taking the EPL players the player comparison tool is always fun.

Moises and Casemiro play slightly different roles. Casemiro is better in the air and as an attacker, Moises is far better defending - hence why I said CDM. Last season Moises had 56 interceptions to 34 and won 100 tackles to 89. Caicedo gave away one goal conceding error, Casemiro gave away one penalty. More games for Moises because of when Casemiro was signed, but not significantly. Look at Teamplay and you'll see why I said 'ball playing'. 2209 passes to 1402, 88.77% pass accuracy compared to 78% and more forward passes, all for our boy. Casemiro creates more chances and has more goals - because he's used differently and is, undoubtedly a better attacking weapon than MC.

Rodri has better stats across most of the game except tackles, interceptions and errors. It's a good shout, but not surprising considering the trophies City won.

So - arguably MC is the second best CDM in the best league in the world - ergo one of the best in the world.

Good post tbf.

From a non Brighton supporting perspective I will be interested to see how caciedo does at a big club. That's the true test. Cuccu and biss are interesting case studies. Ajax have also sold amazing youngsters for insane money and most have never lived up to the hype as well.

Time will tell !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here