Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where do new Albion players stay.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I think that it was in Wardy's book that I remember reading that back in the 70's if we were trying to sign a player Bamber would put them up for the night in The Grand with a sea-view room and breakfast in bed. Some players have spoken about that experience being the clincher for their signature.

Then, stick'em in a van Hoogstraaten (sic) bedsit once they've signed!

jimthegull1980

Dec 24, 2008
bottom of melrose avenue along the old shoreham road used to be owned by the club and players used to stay there in portslade

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Gav1901 told me! I forgot though, it's near the station though.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Definitely jurys inn, they certainly used to have arrangements with the club, and still do judging by having seen the argies there. Don't always.stay long though depending on circumstance, but some loanees have stayed there a while, as did murray when he had problems at his house. Live on stroudley road so see some of them from time to time.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I remember when Dennis Mortimer played for us waaaaaay back in the 80s he was supposed to be staying in the Courtlands Hotel (apparently owned by van Hoogstraten)

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Bobby Zamora lived in a club house near to Tesco in Burgess Hill.

Robbie Savage, Leon Knight, Chris Iwelumo & Colin Kazim-Richards all stayed at the Hickstead Hotel.
I used to know someone who worked in the kitchens. Apparently this is often the first port of call, especially during the Adams reign as he was living in Burgess Hill and a few others lived in the Mid Sussex area.

Not sure if any ones there at the moment.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
I always thought they stayed at the Marina Village. I've seen loads of Albion loanees down there in recent years.. maybe they just like to gamble and have a nice game of bowling followed by a pizza hut.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The club built Chartwell Drive ( I think its called) at the North end of Hove Park for players to buy.

I used to work for an accountant who bought one off one of the players.

sweetmods

Jan 31, 2004
Shoreham Beach
didnt brighton own a few houses in shoreham back in the 70s/80s

Yes indeed - Greenacres. Both Peter Ward and Mark Lawrenson lived there at some stage. I found this out from my current neighbour who apparently moved into the Greenacres house when Peter Ward moved out. Imagine chancing upon a pair of Wardy's pants left down the back of the sofa (ok - for this story to work for some reason Wardy would have had to have left his sofa when he moved out....... but you get my drift!)

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Doesn't TB have a property portfolio? I'd have thought it would be wise for him to own a few properties which he could then rent to players thus having them by the bollocks! If they don't work out he can threaten to throw them onto the streets, that'll get their commitment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here