Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Where did you go for an Underage Drink ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
From what I can remember, The Three Tuns and The Norfolk Arms in Steyning, The Sportsman in Amberley, The Crabtree in Shoreham, The Rose and Crown in Shepperton and some bar in Hoensbroek in Holland where I lived as a 15-16 year old, can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Not seen any post from my first experience: "Half a mild please" in the White Horse at Rottingdean - full of St Dunstone vets - circa 1974, I would have been 14
Many a shout of "POLICE RAID" left an empty table full of half-empty glasses ...

15-18 was a regular (and darts house champion) in the Spanish Lady - 40 seconds door-2-door for me.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Thieves Kitchen Worthing
Green Jacket Shoreham
Three Tuns Steyning
Chequer Inn Steyning which had a really miserable Landlord nickname Garlic who was nonetheless quite happy to serve 16 year old school kids

D

Deleted member 22389

The Retreat in Peacehaven. If we got turned around at the door, then we would buy Merrydown Cider and get drunk on that.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Lancing Manor Sports Centre Bar!
(about 35 years ago!)

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
The Heath , Haywards Heath, 1969 aged 14 , was it called the Triangle back then ? ...
A bit later - the Hayworthe , Pilgrim, Hassocks Hotel and many others .

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
County Oak,Snipe,Wilmington,Seven Stars,Bosun in fact any pub i wanted,remember going in pubs from 1968 age 15.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I remember my first foray to Brighton on a Saturday night when I was 17, met an older mate at Shoreham station, first stop the William Tell.

then into the Lanes and wind up in sister Rays.

Norfolk was the Steyning Juicer when we were 16/17.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Too many places to mention.
No one really cared much when I was an under age drinker, provided you behaved yourself.
For reference, I am soon to be 74.

Last edited:

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
The farmers in Lancing late 70s,Terry C the DJ at weekends chucking out some classics, and copious amounts of alcohol sold to anyone who wanted to buy it.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
the palmeira. They didn't give a solitary one until half of bhasvic turned up one friday night and we all got chucked out. They were fine with a few of us sitting in the corner but a pub full of 16 year olds was not on

There was a big clamp down in brighton when I was 17 so I went from being able to get served almost everywhere to being served nowhere at all

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I think it was called The Polar Bear near the Pantiles in Tunbridge Wells.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here