Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are you watching the big match tonight? (England v Scotland)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
1-1

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
usual sad comments when it comes to England,but we all know they're be watching anyway

apparently it's not cool to support your nation team,who will finish 4th in the premier league is far more interesting

I wonder what the mood would be on here if the England team included a couple of Albion players?

It's pathetic that people on here bother to open the thread clearly on England and then take it in turns to post how they don't care to measure on the cool-o-meter! And yet more Albion comparisons when in truth there's no such thing as club vs country. We were shiiiiiiit last game but that doesn't matter, we still support our country. Come on England :clap2:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
It's pathetic that people on here bother to open the thread clearly on England and then take it in turns to post how they don't care to measure on the cool-o-meter! And yet more Albion comparisons when in truth there's no such thing as club vs country. We were shiiiiiiit last game but that doesn't matter, we still support our country. Come on England :clap2:

clearly on England v Scotland you mean

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Fans appeared unrepentant though. “Wee” Jimmy Tavish-McPlop, 56, from Stranraer said to our reporter: “GAnin. GAAAnin, ye ffffff…ye fffu. I’ll gee ya eenngllshhh f..fff…WANKer yee…ya fff..kin PUFF…ant ye…ahhh way mon..”, before pushing a parsnip into his ear, dropping his trousers and jumping into a nearby fountain.

The game kicks off at 7.45, and can be seen live on ITV1.

:lol:

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
It's nothing to do with coolness. I have been to Wembley for England v Scotland (1980ish) among many other England home games. I just don't enjoy it any more. The Albion is different - I still love it and get mopeyon off weeks like this one.

Albion : _92291923_brighton_goal_rex.jpg
England: England-Shite-1024x535.jpg

And in answer to the original question - the Maxwell next to Orpington station

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

Too right, it might be agony at times, but you have to support your country. I agree about FIFA and Russia/Qatar, but I love this game, and I love my country, although give me a Brighton match anytime, especially last few seasons, excluding Sami's shocker half season !!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's nothing to do with coolness. I have been to Wembley for England v Scotland (1980ish) among many other England home games. I just don't enjoy it any more. The Albion is different - I still love it and get mopeyon off weeks like this one.

Albion :View attachment 79338
England: View attachment 79340

And in answer to the original question - the Maxwell next to Orpington station

I'm far from saying everyone's doing it to be 'cool' - everyone is allowed their opinion and only they know how they feel. Me, Euro 96 my first real football heartbreak - that's me for life Albion & England. I'd rather watch Albion at the moment than England in terms of the teams / football / passion of course - it that's not what being a fan is.

As for your pics - well you don't need me to tell you it's pretty silly. You could pick any pics to make any point really. Not one at a low point and one at a high! And of course, losing is part of the game so that doesn't change anything for me.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Too right, it might be agony at times, but you have to support your country. I agree about FIFA and Russia/Qatar, but I love this game, and I love my country, although give me a Brighton match anytime, especially last few seasons, excluding Sami's shocker half season !!

Great minds - I just posted same thing. England are sometimes woeful, yet sometimes don't get the praise they deserve. Major tournos we've been pretty crap for years yet qualifying we've been very good. It's part of life isn't it - there can only be one winner per tourno of course...

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I shall be watching it standing naked in my front room window, with one foot up on the arm of my sofa, whilst my dog licks Marmite from my perfectly plump testicles.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Great minds - I just posted same thing. England are sometimes woeful, yet sometimes don't get the praise they deserve. Major tournos we've been pretty crap for years yet qualifying we've been very good. It's part of life isn't it - there can only be one winner per tourno of course...

Yeah, the strange thing is, there are some really talented English players, but whoever is manager just can't seem to get them to perform in a tournament environment. I don't believe that the players don't care about England either, but perhaps the pressure and expectation is hard to handle sometimes

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am watching at home in HH but did anybody else see the sweatys with pint glasses (probably plastic) of beer while standing on the terraces for the National Anthem and the Scottish song.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here