Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are you watching the big match tonight? (England v Scotland)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Count yourselves English.....

Get a grip, how can this not make you smile or jump and up and down.... bet your last pound on the fact the Scottish hate us, time to put them back in their place...

[yt]t8OlfG1dF3w[/yt]

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Gave up on the national team years ago. I'll be cooking dinner and then sitting round the table with the family ...... far more entertaining than watching poncey millionaire footballers 'play' football. Roll on next Friday when REAL football resumes.

I get it, but it very quickly lends itself the the Championship too, there are some very decent earner's at Brighton you know, some might say players that have not yet proved they can compete at even Premiership level.

Not sure whats worse, England player on £100,000 a week or a relatively unknown Championship player on £30,000+ a week.

Anyway, England v Scotland is special, maybe a generational thing but we must beat them, humiliate them even.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just seen this in the Metro. And so it begins....FFS. I hope we STUFF them

Parts of Central London have been brought to a standstill this afternoon as Scottish football fans caused havoc in Trafalgar Square.

The Scotland fans, who have travelled down in large numbers for the World Cup qualifier against England at Wembley this evening, began congregating in Trafalgar Square from mid-morning. Reports confirmed many of them appeared to have arrived drunk, and have continued drinking alcohol throughout the day. Police have been forced to cordon off traffic from The Strand and nearby Cockspur Street, as drunken fans spilled out onto the roads. One fan has been taken to hospital with what were said to be minor injuries after a collision with a car.

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan has ordered a “zero tolerance policy” to scotch drunkenness in the capital. In a strongly worded statement, Mr Khan said: “I am working closely with the police and the Highways Agency to ensure our streets are clear of this caledonian calamity toot sweet. This city cannot and will not be held hostage by a bunch of inebriated tartan unemployed porridge-botherers on a day out”.

Fans appeared unrepentant though. “Wee” Jimmy Tavish-McPlop, 56, from Stranraer said to our reporter: “GAnin. GAAAnin, ye ffffff…ye fffu. I’ll gee ya eenngllshhh f..fff…WANKer yee…ya fff..kin PUFF…ant ye…ahhh way mon..”, before pushing a parsnip into his ear, dropping his trousers and jumping into a nearby fountain.

The game kicks off at 7.45, and can be seen live on ITV1.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I really am not fussed about the national team anymore. it's nothing to do with being hip or cool (I'm the least hip or cool person I know). I lost interest when I just didn't like most of the players in the team. This has further been compounded by the fact that Russia and Qatar are hosting the next two World Cups and I have no interest in legitimising either of those two examples of blatant corruption by taking an interest in either tournament.

International football is now crap, poor quality football, bloated tournaments and obscene, barely disguised corruption. The funny thing is, I miss caring. I used to love the world cup and the euros. I've been abroad to both tournaments and had a great time, but the current form of this game leaves me cold. I cannot fake enthusiasm for something I simply do not care about anymore. I'd much rather be watching the Albion this weekend.

That said, I will be down the pub to watch this game, as no matter what state international football is in, it is always a laugh to put one over our caledonian cousins. I view this fixture as a standalone FA Cup 3rd rd tie and am hoping for a good old fashioned scrap with a little needle and bragging rights secured at the end of the evening, I'm hoping it's fun.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
oh yes we do:D
regards
DR

holidays-sturgeon_3296455b.jpg

Oh, go on then.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I should really be looking forward to the fixture .......BUT the camera angle at Wembley REALLY does annoy me.

21st century football fan gripe if ever there was one.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here