Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where abouts are you staying for the tour?

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I'm just wondering where people are looking to stay for when we go on the tour to Jerez, will you be looking to stay in Jerez itself or maybe somewhere else.

At the moment I've leaning towards 2 places.

1. Seville - its hot, can catch the train to Jerez (if the matches are there) & I've heard good things about it --- but its not near a beach (for the GF) and the pound to Euro is cr@p, my Spanish isn't good but obvs that wont matter (I don't think).

2. Gibraltar - also hot, they speak English as their 1st language, they use the £, beaches all around it, wild monkeys, dolphin trips --- no easy direct links but I don't mind driving, looking at reviews about the place but I have come across a lot saying its a sh!thole but they were all posted in 2008ish so maybe its changed as pictures look good.

Does anyone have experience of both places? Has anyone chosen to stay at either yet?

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Yeah I second the shout for Seville. I have been out a couple of times for work, and was great both times. Admittedly the second time I was there the "feria" was on, which is a Spanish festival thing which is simply amazing. Think they have about 4 a year. If the pre-season tour happens to be at the same time as a feria then you are in for a treat.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
seville is sooo much better than Gibralter. one can learn some conversational spanish really easily and quickly using these

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Gibraltar is really not all that. Unless you want to hang out with people like Frank Butcher?

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Group of us also having the same problem deciding where to stay? none of us fancy the drive.

Pretty much sorted my plans. Flying out 22nd July Gatwick to Seville £270 for me and my 6 year old. Travel to Jerez which is roughly 50 miles. Staying in the Hotel Guadalete £290.

Total price £560 for week. Bargain for 7 days in July. Posted this in the other thread hope this helps.

Seagull in Spain

Feb 17, 2012
Estepona Spain
Hi Guys, I live in Estepona, which is about 1 hour from Jerez. Jerez is a lovely city but after the Sherry tours and the Andalucian Horse show there's not much else. Personally I would fly into Gibraltar, which is a crap hole, and then if you are staying for 2/3 nights stay in Jerez but if you are staying for more than that look at Cadiz. The beaches in Cadiz are STUNNING. It is closer than Sevilla and cooler. Sevilla in July and August is absolutely stonking hot whereas Cadiz, because its by the sea, is still hot but a bit cooler. If you would like any more info let me know.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Hi Guys, I live in Estepona, which is about 1 hour from Jerez. Jerez is a lovely city but after the Sherry tours and the Andalucian Horse show there's not much else. Personally I would fly into Gibraltar, which is a crap hole, and then if you are staying for 2/3 nights stay in Jerez but if you are staying for more than that look at Cadiz. The beaches in Cadiz are STUNNING. It is closer than Sevilla and cooler. Sevilla in July and August is absolutely stonking hot whereas Cadiz, because its by the sea, is still hot but a bit cooler. If you would like any more info let me know.

I want to stay in Cadiz but it's so expensive. I imagine all the locals in Seville go there for the holidays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here