Where abouts are you staying for the tour?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
is anyone else still waiting for the club to publish details of who we're playing and exact dates before booking anything? thought we would have had more information by now???

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
We are staying in the hotel the club have suggested but booked it independently. We are then going to spend the next week on the coast. Looking forward to meeting other Brighton fans at the hotel.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
is anyone else still waiting for the club to publish details of who we're playing and exact dates before booking anything? thought we would have had more information by now???

Yes! Would be nice to know where the games are being played. None of us going are 22 so can't hire a car. There's a high chance of games being played in Seville/Cadiz too but can't be sure! Might give the club a ring tomorrow and see if they have more info.

For those of you coming to Jerez this summer, I'm in the Hotel Guadalete, staying for the weekend. The hotel is fine, nothing special, fairly standard but perfectly acceptable with a nice pool and gardens.

But it's a bit of a trek to the centre, about a 15 minute walk and you don-t want to be walking anywhere in Jerez in July, so it's a bit of an issue if you don't have a car. I haven't seen a bus go past the hotel but there may well be one, it's on a fairly major road, although set back and very quiet.

If you want a pool with a bar when you-re not watching Albion's new arrivals with only the odd trip into the centre it will be fine, but if you want to see the city properly you might want to stay somewhere more central.

Macca

Jul 28, 2008
Portslade
4 of us booked our flights leaving from Gatwick to Seville, staying in Seville for one night. hopefully on the cheap near the train station and Airport (if possible). The following morning we will then catch the train down to Jerez to Hotel Sherry Park from 25th - 30th, Which looks a decent enough hotel and has a pool bar which is always a bonus!
We have then decided to fly back from Jerez to Stansted on the sunday evening. Really hoping for a Wednesday night and a Saturday game.

All in all so far has cost us £250 each for 4 nights in a 4 star hotel and flights (albeit with Ryanair)
Then just need to find a cheap place in Seville for the night.

jjt1976

Dec 29, 2009
hey guys looking to go over with my wife for 7 days watch a few games and general sun ourselves, was wondering the best prices and places you have all found so far?

Dec 29, 2011
I want to stay in Cadiz but it's so expensive. I imagine all the locals in Seville go there for the holidays.

It is expensive and if you don't like beaches it's probably not for you (not much else to do). Hostels are a good option but at 20 euros PP/PN for an 8 bed room it's still a pretty steep option.

4 of us booked our flights leaving from Gatwick to Seville, staying in Seville for one night. hopefully on the cheap near the train station and Airport (if possible). The following morning we will then catch the train down to Jerez to Hotel Sherry Park from 25th - 30th, Which looks a decent enough hotel and has a pool bar which is always a bonus!
We have then decided to fly back from Jerez to Stansted on the sunday evening. Really hoping for a Wednesday night and a Saturday game.

All in all so far has cost us £250 each for 4 nights in a 4 star hotel and flights (albeit with Ryanair)

Plenty of hotel deals in Seville in July - nobody goes to Seville that time of the year. Only mad dogs and Albion supporters.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Gibraltar isn't all that tho it's a lot better than it was in 2008! There are quite a lot of Frank Butchers about too! Seriously endorse those suggesting Cadiz, a great city similar in many ways to Brighton, except its hot (but usually with a cooling breeze, great beaches, bars etc. and a beautiful old town). You should be able to find a cheapish hotel/hostal but peak season is just round the corner in July and a lot of Madrileanos and Sevillanos decant to the coast to avoid the heat inland so availability may be limited and the prices higher than normal - but still well worth a look. Sevilla is an amazing city but is known, for good reason, as the "frying pan of spain" and in late July/August is absolutely scorchio. Trains run once an hour from Cadiz to Jerez and cost 22 euros return but the last one is, I think, at about 7.00 pm. For more info about trains, frequencies, cost and stations between Cadiz and Sevilla (including Jerez) look at the Renfe website.

I think it's going to be pretty unlikely to be able to get back from a game by train. I can't see kickoff being any earlier than 8pm, maybe even 9 or 10, that's certainly common here at that time of the year. You might get there by train but I doubt there'll be a train late enough to get you back. Train timetable is here http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

And we don't yet know where the games are going to be, all we know is the team is staying in Jerez. When we know where the games are those of us that know the area can make suggestions but I doubt public transport is going to be much use for getting back after the game. But there should be plenty of taxis to share as long as you book in advance.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven

Was that all done separately or like a package website?

Macca

Jul 28, 2008
Portslade
Was that all done separately or like a package website?

All separate. We booked the hotel through Booking.com and the flights separately on Ryanair. One single from Gatwick to Seville and another single on return from Jerez to Stansted.

Would love to know where the matches are going to be though!

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
How long would it take to drive up from costa del sol to Jerez?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
How long would it take to drive up from costa del sol to Jerez?

No more than a couple of hours. But why on earth would you want to be anywhere near the Costa del Sol?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports