Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When will we get season ticket refunds?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Sky / BT / Amazon will "continue as normal" and try and come with a way to make what's on offer more palatable.

No season ticket charges next season because simply there won't be any games to attend, at least not well into next year.

Can't see teams in the football league surviving.

I think that is a fair assumption to make.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Apologies wrong thread , good morning to you all .

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Norwich City Ticket: Club confirmed to me today that this ticket “is” included in the detail of the Club email yesterday under the Match Day Ticket section. So refund coming to those who purchased.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Has everyone else had their email from the club? Only I haven’t yet.

I'm hoping that all of us who unsubscibed from the club's emails on account of the stupid number of emails about the wimmins club that nobody gave much of a shit about will still be entitled to a refund?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I'm hoping that all of us who unsubscibed from the club's emails on account of the stupid number of emails about the wimmins club that nobody gave much of a shit about will still be entitled to a refund?

Hmm, that’s a point. I did just that ages ago. Might have to resubscribe for the next few days.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Hmm, that’s a point. I did just that ages ago. Might have to resubscribe for the next few days.

There are 2 types of email under GDPR - marketing and transactional. You can only unsubscribe from marketing communications - the club is still entitled to contact you on matters relating to your payment. Always amuses me when people unsubscribe from the emails we send when DD prices go up - it won't stop you getting those emails in future,

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I'm confused by this:

Season-ticket holders who renewed for 2020/21

For the remainder of the 2019/20 matches at the Amex, all season-ticket holders will be given a 5/19ths pro-rata refund

The heading is 'renewed for 2020/21 season but the text underneath alludes to 'the remainder of the 2019/20 season, so what will happen if you've paid up front for 2020/21 season? I'm guessing nothing yet is the answer is nobody can tell where we will be with us come the start of next season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There are 2 types of email under GDPR - marketing and transactional. You can only unsubscribe from marketing communications - the club is still entitled to contact you on matters relating to your payment. Always amuses me when people unsubscribe from the emails we send when DD prices go up - it won't stop you getting those emails in future,
I still get all the ST update emails.

The "Albion have signed a striker" emails get spam filtered away now. Well, either that or the Albion no longer send them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Does that mean the club can still contact us even if we've opted out of hearing about the wimmens team's exciting new Norwegian midfield signing?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I'm confused by this:

Season-ticket holders who renewed for 2020/21

For the remainder of the 2019/20 matches at the Amex, all season-ticket holders will be given a 5/19ths pro-rata refund

The heading is 'renewed for 2020/21 season but the text underneath alludes to 'the remainder of the 2019/20 season, so what will happen if you've paid up front for 2020/21 season? I'm guessing nothing yet is the answer is nobody can tell where we will be with us come the start of next season.

I'm in the same boat.

Agree with you, but a bit more clarity on it would be good.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Does that mean the club can still contact us even if we've opted out of hearing about the wimmens team's exciting new Norwegian midfield signing?

They can.

The reason I unsubbed from the emails and Twitter because they headline the stories Exciting new international signing for Brighton and Hove Albion and I’d click on it and it’d be for the bloody women’s team.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Glad not just me!! I think it's typo. I guess for lump sum payers who have paid next seasons money already they will wait and see what happens.

It’s nice the club are refunding us but I do miss the rough and tumble and edginess of a game at the AMEX. Can’t wait to get back to my seat.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

They can contact you about anything that relates to your direct business with them. So changes to DD, changes to match dates, postponements etc. The system we use asks whether you are sending a transactional email or not. If you are, it will ignore any unsubscribes - otherwise it won't send to anyone who has opted out. It is a manual process so can be can be overridden and also some businesses use transactional emails to market stuff as well which is borderline. Such as - your DD is going up - would you like to buy x?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here