Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] When will the Premier League play in fromnt of full houses again?

When will the Premier League play in front of full houses again?

• Start of 21/22 season

Votes: 86 37.6%
  • 1st January 2022

Votes: 49 21.4%
  • Start of 22/23 season

Votes: 94 41.0%

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Neither can be easily enforced though.

Health Passports is the only way I can see it happening

Fine. If that's the restriction required.

Also, masks can definitely be enforced very easily? Stewards and CCTV, not to mention pressure from others around. Proof of exemption required, otherwise you wear a mask or you're chucked out.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Fine. If that's the restriction required.

Also, masks can definitely be enforced very easily? Stewards and CCTV, not to mention pressure from others around. Proof of exemption required, otherwise you wear a mask or you're chucked out.

Stewards won't wade in when there's flares, let alone for someone who has taken their mask off. Or people will just put masks on and then take them off. You know what pissed up footy fans are like.

Then there's the whole getting them to the game and back argument.

Passports, for the whole of the entertainment and event industry will be required to get people through the door.

It won't be cheap to set up though and I don't think the government will pay

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Stewards won't wade in when there's flares, let alone for someone who has taken their mask off. Or people will just put masks on and then take them off. You know what pissed up footy fans are like.

Passports, for the whole of the entertainment and event industry will be required to get people through the door.

Some Venues will just fold rather than do all this.

It is completely personal choice and I am aware what it means, but there is no chance I am going anywhere when people are vaccinated that requires masks to be warn - Pubs/Football stadiums etc.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

If they take them off, the CCTV will simply and very easily pick them up, and they'll be banned from coming again if they've been asked by a steward to keep it on and refuse.

From my experience at the Chelsea and Sheff Utd games, I really don't think there will be widespread disobedience as you appear to think.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bet I don’t!

The concept of sitting anywhere with a mask With people ready to jump on you sounds like hell

"People ready to jump on you" - eh?

I went to the Chelsea and Sheff Utd games. They were both completely fine. I don't think the atmosphere at either was anything like you imagine.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
"People ready to jump on you" - eh?

I went to the Chelsea and Sheff Utd games. They were both completely fine. I don't think the atmosphere at either was anything like you imagine.

I ventured to the pub once in the summer and that was enough - Scanning in and out/masks/table service is not for me.

I’m not saying I disagree with why it happened, but I’m sure I’m not alone in waiting till it’s old normal.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Bet I don’t!

The concept of sitting anywhere with a mask With people ready to jump on you sounds like hell

Rather have people round and save the cash

Totally agree. I will go if and when it is safe to go without restriction. I went to the Chelsea game pre season where you could take mask off in your seat as only every 4th seat sold. I won`t be going back to full crowd situation if masks need to be worn all the time !!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Defintitely at least through next winter masks will be mandatory for attending any public sporting/cultural events indoors and outdoors. Even if/when authorities stop making them a requirement I think many, many people will continue to wear them particularly through the winter months.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I ventured to the pub once in the summer and that was enough - Scanning in and out/masks/table service is not for me.

I’m not saying I disagree with why it happened, but I’m sure I’m not alone in waiting till it’s old normal.

Totally agree. I will go if and when it is safe to go without restriction. I went to the Chelsea game pre season where you could take mask off in your seat as only every 4th seat sold. I won`t be going back to full crowd situation if masks need to be worn all the time !!

Fair enough. If it comes to it, no chance I'm depriving myself when all it amounts to is something I'll forget is even on my face half the time. Can't wait to be back at the Amex.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Melbourne fans scared by Aussie Open return

A bit of a glimpse into the future when fans can possibly return to some sporting events in limited numbers this Summer. A need to creat highly sterile sanitised environments with strict social distancing, seperate zones that fans must stick to and frequent cleaning stations. THere will be a big reluctance also as with Merlbroune for people to return in mass numbers to such crowded events.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Melbourne fans scared by Aussie Open return

A bit of a glimpse into the future when fans can possibly return to some sporting events in limited numbers this Summer. A need to creat highly sterile sanitised environments with strict social distancing, seperate zones that fans must stick to and frequent cleaning stations. THere will be a big reluctance also as with Merlbroune for people to return in mass numbers to such crowded events.
Clearly there are some very scaredy people in Australia. :)

a thirty year old who is willing to travel 1,700 miles, who thinks that attending the tennis is a risk? There is 1 person in Australia with coronavirus, and if he happens to meet him he has 1 chance in 100,000 of dying from the disease - I suggest he considers the risk of leaving his front door before he considers the risk from coronavirus!

If Australia can't or won't go back to normal, it doesn't give much hope for the rest of us. I hope that isn't the way forward. I wonder if they'll try and be a bit more brave when they've all been vaccinated?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I havnt a clue when....just looking forward to seeing the people who sit close by and have a natter ..before that I’ll take getting back to watching football from inside a stadium rather than the sofa

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Clearly there are some very scaredy people in Australia. :)

a thirty year old who is willing to travel 1,700 miles, who thinks that attending the tennis is a risk? There is 1 person in Australia with coronavirus, and if he happens to meet him he has 1 chance in 100,000 of dying from the disease - I suggest he considers the risk of leaving his front door before he considers the risk from coronavirus!

If Australia can't or won't go back to normal, it doesn't give much hope for the rest of us. I hope that isn't the way forward. I wonder if they'll try and be a bit more brave when they've all been vaccinated?

Well I hope we are.

Once the opportunity of vaccination has come to every over 18 in the UK that should be it, open the shop back up. If you refused it then it becomes your risk to handle. The NHS should be protected from being overrun and even those who get Covid stand a really, really good chance of getting a mild disease.

I'm not thoroughly insensitive to the vulnerable but, so long as you are jabbed, the risk from CV-19 should be no higher than any other societal risk.

Having said that, I'm firmly in the camp that if a new vaccine resistant strain appears we lockdown again, immediately, hard and proper. Quarantine hotels back in, shops shut, schools closed. The boffins look like they will quickly chase it down with vaccination.

I can honestly see a bit of "on and off" with restrictions for a few years for this reason but "off" should mean "totally old normal".

As for mask wearing it would probably become like East Asia where it is a social norm to wear a mask in crowded places if you believe there is a risk that you are infectious with anything, but not everywhere, all the time.

And "full open" at the football should initially mean only outside bars and extra cleaning stations. West Upper Gents as a hotspot anyone?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Well I hope we are.

Once the opportunity of vaccination has come to every over 18 in the UK that should be it, open the shop back up. If you refused it then it becomes your risk to handle. The NHS should be protected from being overrun and even those who get Covid stand a really, really good chance of getting a mild disease.

I'm not thoroughly insensitive to the vulnerable but, so long as you are jabbed, the risk from CV-19 should be no higher than any other societal risk.

Having said that, I'm firmly in the camp that if a new vaccine resistant strain appears we lockdown again, immediately, hard and proper. Quarantine hotels back in, shops shut, schools closed. The boffins look like they will quickly chase it down with vaccination.

I can honestly see a bit of "on and off" with restrictions for a few years for this reason but "off" should mean "totally old normal".

As for mask wearing it would probably become like East Asia where it is a social norm to wear a mask in crowded places if you believe there is a risk that you are infectious with anything, but not everywhere, all the time.

And "full open" at the football should initially mean only outside bars and extra cleaning stations. West Upper Gents as a hotspot anyone?

You can’t have “totally old normal” with the threat of lockdown hanging over you every day.

Given there is 4000 new mutations already the chances are we will be in lockdown for months whilst a new vaccine is cooked up, that’s no way to run a country and I doubt it will.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
I believe this season is now a complete write off as far as far as fans being back. I hope that it will be back to the old normal by the start of next season.

I have no desire,however, to enter/sit/move around in a stadium full of masked people or with numerous additional 'rules' about what you may or may not do. Holds no appeal for me at all.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You can’t have “totally old normal” with the threat of lockdown hanging over you every day.

Given there is 4000 new mutations already the chances are we will be in lockdown for months whilst a new vaccine is cooked up, that’s no way to run a country and I doubt it will.

Of course you can but perhaps I ought to clarify my wording.

So long as vaccination prevents serious hospitalisation and an increased death rate then we should be at "proper" normal. Case numbers are irrelevant. But an increase in ICU admissions that is an obvious and sustained pattern should lead to strict lockdown.

The downside of leading the world in vaccines is that we'll be an obvious canary in the mine for this, all the time the rest of the world is playing catch up. It makes it imperative that we do help the world to get vaccinated ASAP to keep ahead of mutations.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If the optimism about vaccination is correct then why not before the end of the current season?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Of course you can but perhaps I ought to clarify my wording.

So long as vaccination prevents serious hospitalisation and an increased death rate then we should be at "proper" normal. Case numbers are irrelevant. But an increase in ICU admissions that is an obvious and sustained pattern should lead to strict lockdown.

The downside of leading the world in vaccines is that we'll be an obvious canary in the mine for this, all the time the rest of the world is playing catch up. It makes it imperative that we do help the world to get vaccinated ASAP to keep ahead of mutations.

Spot on! Next, you'll be 'Potter in' :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here