Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] When will Albion v Arsenal be postponed?

When will Albion v Arsenal be postponed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Won't be cancelled/postponed. Games go ahead as normal this weekend then all games to be played behind closed doors.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Be interesting to see what happens if the club state they aren’t partial refunding season tickets. Mass 20k cancellation of direct debits ?
I don't care really, it is budgeted money. Gone.

Don't see why Tony should take the hit.

Perhaps we can get 'loyalty' points if we refuse refunds ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't care really, it is budgeted money. Gone.

Don't see why Tony should take the hit.

Perhaps we can get 'loyalty' points if we refuse refunds ?

Agreed. Also, anyone cancelling their DD will likely be pursued for the debt (and clearly won't ever get a ST again). Given the potential seriousness of the pandemic and potential implications, missing out on half a dozen football matches I've paid for is very much in the 'First World problem' category. Still expect loads of the usual suspects to be flaming Barber/the club for the way they are being treated if this happens though.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
All ticket holders to get free access to live broadcast, which they'll take to their local pub and watch the match with their mates.

Finished off for you :whistle:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Be interesting to see what happens if the club state they aren’t partial refunding season tickets. Mass 20k cancellation of direct debits ?

In reality the club still have costs I for one would rather sacrifice a little, along with others, rather than a squeeze be put on our club.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Still expect loads of the usual suspects to be flaming Barber/the club for the way they are being treated if this happens though.

I'd expect the Premier League / FA could rustle something up to compensate clubs on this. Average £2M gate receipts per game is not a massive number.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Of course, If games are played behind closed doors it increases the chance of TV coverage.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All ticket holders to get free access to live broadcast.

Graduated though. I don't see why some OIK with a pro-rata £18 North Stand ST, should get the SAME streaming capability as I get, when I have paid for the Diamond Titanium Lounge experience.

They should have Guy Mowbray presenting theirs in non-HD quality, whilst we get the full G-Nev & Carra, Sky experience.

they should also be forced to watch on a small screen, sat on an uncomfortable kitchen chair, and should be forced to lock all the toilets in their house, and queue to piss in the garden.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1539450/members-and-season-ticket-holders-discount-day-on-saturday

That's OK then.

Capture.JPG

All those shop goods being manhandled by all and sundry. :moo:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Be interesting to see if travel companies give refunds too. For example, a mate of mine has already bought trains tickets for Leicester and Norwich.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Graduated though. I don't see why some OIK with a pro-rata £18 North Stand ST, should get the SAME streaming capability as I get, when I have paid for the Diamond Titanium Lounge experience.

They should have that utter ****, "Fletch" presenting theirs in non-HD quality, whilst we get the full G-Nev & Carra, Sky experience.

they should also be forced to watch on a small screen, sat on an uncomfortable kitchen chair, and should be forced to lock all the toilets in their house, and queue to piss in the garden.

Corrected for you.

Otherwise, I'm fully with you, bro'.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Random thought…

A televised game would still involve, what, 200+ people being in a ground, at absolute minimum?

Both teams and their support systems, TV crews, ground staff, some basic security, some police presence, H&S ambulance crews etc, catering etc etc…

So it's still a "large gathering of people". At what point does it no longer achieve the aim of 'not being a large gathering', if that is the aim?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Unless any of the btn or arsenal players contract the virus, I very much doubt this game will be called off. The UK govt is more cautious than some about implementing policies that effect social cohesion unless there is a big clinical benefit. For this reason I think highly likely the game will go ahead with fans.

Obviously if the situation deteriorates significantly over the next few days, games would be played behind closed doors and this could happen in the next week or two.

But the btn arsenal game will go ahead as planned is my bet.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Random thought…

A televised game would still involve, what, 200+ people being in a ground, at absolute minimum?

Both teams and their support systems, TV crews, ground staff, some basic security, some police presence, H&S ambulance crews etc, catering etc etc…

So it's still a "large gathering of people". At what point does it no longer achieve the aim of 'not being a large gathering', if that is the aim?

They can stand the recommended distance apart. 3ft, I think?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here