Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] When will Albion v Arsenal be postponed?

When will Albion v Arsenal be postponed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Even if not suspended the crowd is surely going to be massively down due to uncertainty over the fixture plus virus paranoia.

Haha course they won’t be

Majority of people pretty relaxed about it .

You get a few snow flaking and they tend to shout the loudest . If it went ahead I doubt you would even know any difference

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Haha course they won’t be

Majority of people pretty relaxed about it .

You get a few snow flaking and they tend to shout the loudest . If it went ahead I doubt you would even know any difference

You obviously haven't been to a supermarket lately. Tesco, Lewes 0600hrs this morning the pasta, bog roll and porridge aisles all bare.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it wont but likley the last played before a crowd at Falmer this season.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Not liking the idea of this ‘behind closed doors ‘. It should be delayed, if it is all games should be delayed at the same time, not some here and there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
it wont but likley the last played before a crowd at Falmer this season.

I wish I had your confidence.

The Hong Kong shut down model has worked very well indeed. We might follow this today.

This is a populist government so they’ll try and go with the majority of public opinion but we’ve all seen how they’ve frightened people with their 80%/100,000 dead bullshit (but scare tactics do work and Germany has copied us, all be it at 70%) so I’m thinking that Cummings will pull the plug on Premier League matches for the rest of the season today.

We should be thinking about how we’re going to receive the ‘free stream’ now.

This is going to be a very very very bad day.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I wish I had your confidence.

The Hong Kong shut down model has worked very well indeed. We might follow this today.

This is a populist government so they’ll try and go with the majority of public opinion but we’ve all seen how they’ve frightened people with their 80%/100,000 dead bullshit (but scare tactics do work and Germany has copied us, all be it at 70%) so I’m thinking that Cummings will pull the plug on Premier League matches for the rest of the season today.

We should be thinking about how we’re going to receive the ‘free stream’ now.

This is going to be a very very very bad day.

I have no idea whether the outbreak will be as bad as some predict or as mild as others predict. But you are worried about missing football and think that in the current circumstances, missing football 'is going to be a very very very bad day'.
:ffsparr:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think announcement will be next week, after plans are escalated.

Think we’ll squeeze Arsenal in but with restrictions.

Think we’ll recommence spectating in October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Personally, I thought a closed doors policy would be used to complete a large number of fixtures.

But I now think that things are so dangerous across Europe - and will be for ages - that all leagues will be scrubbed by UEFA.

Agree that a coordinated initiative should come from UEFA rather than piecemeal from individual national bodies

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Rumours via The Times that games will be behind closed doors. Ticket holders will be able to watch via Sky or a stream. Pubs banned from showing. Will be announced after COBRA this morning.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Anything to avoid refunding season tickets

Be interesting to see what happens if the club state they aren’t partial refunding season tickets. Mass 20k cancellation of direct debits ?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Rumours via The Times that games will be behind closed doors. Ticket holders will be able to watch via Sky or a stream. Pubs banned from showing. Will be announced after COBRA this morning.

I’m guessing all tickets will be refunded though? They can’t charge £50 per person for watching a stream surely!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Won't be postponed but will be played behind closed doors on Saturday, no televised live feed either.

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Think it is now likely to be postponed today. Given other countries are/have suspended major sport, can't see the UK not now following suit.

Probably have to spend Saturday watching box sets. The BBC's 1970's gloomfest 'Survivors' seems appropriate.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Won't be postponed but will be played behind closed doors on Saturday, no televised live feed either.

Capture.JPG

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here