Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When was the last time you saw Albion win an away league game in the top 2 tiers ?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I think, rather scarily, it's Palace in October 2005. I am fortunate enough to have witnessed such glorious results in the second tier as a 3-1 loss at Crewe and a 5-1 slapping at Plymouth, though. The 1-0 defeat at Plymouth the following year was probably even more depressing, though, and I think although it was in the third tier, Wayne Henderson's moment against Bournemouth deserves a mention. I haven't been able to go to many aways for a while now due to, at various times, lack of finance and other commitments including work, but my last away wins overall were Watford and Brentford the season before last.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Millwall '05/06. Previous season had a good run - Rotherham, Sheff Utd, Leicester & Forest. Before that Reading on a Friday night (Kitson) any further back are lost in the mists of time....

el punal

Now I'm really motoring - also at 3-1 at Bristol Rovers (Baths ground) in season 90-91.

Bit of a tenuous link this, I drove down from Manchester to watch the Albion play Bristol Rovers at Eastville (March/April 1978). Albion fans were behind the goal that backed onto the motorway (M32?). This car pulled up on the slip road and the driver, with the thickest Bristolian accent, shouts " Errr mate, what's the scorrre?". I turn round and shout back " 3-0 to Brighton." just as our fourth goal went in!

" Oh buggerrr me!" was the response as he drove off. Priceless.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Peterborough last year. Great away day in the terraces and an Albion win!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I pick and chose my away league games (usually about 5 or 6 a season) - last season I went to 8 away league matches and didn't see the Albion win a game.

I've just had a little look back at our away games and I am ashamed to say that the last time I can actually state I was at an Albion away win , when we were in the top two tiers of English footie, was at Palace season 1980 -81 ! (3-0) - I know it's terrible and I missed the recent wins at Palace & West Ham. Can anyone beat that in the shame stakes.

To make it worse I have a ticket for Watford next Tuesday :facepalm:

Can't you please just give away your ticket for Watford and stop going to away matches.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
I pick and chose my away league games (usually about 5 or 6 a season) - last season I went to 8 away league matches and didn't see the Albion win a game.

I've just had a little look back at our away games and I am ashamed to say that the last time I can actually state I was at an Albion away win , when we were in the top two tiers of English footie, was at Palace season 1980 -81 ! (3-0) - I know it's terrible and I missed the recent wins at Palace & West Ham. Can anyone beat that in the shame stakes.

To make it worse I have a ticket for Watford next Tuesday :facepalm:

If it makes you feel better, I went to 13 away league games one season and only saw us get 1 point - that was at Hereford, mind....

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Do the club a favour mate....I notice that you went six games without a win...then a win ...now another six without a win....so go to the next game....so you must be due a win.... then leave it.....lol!

Not going to Watford, but will be at Millwall on Saturday:thumbsup:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Pompey won 1-0
Leicester lost 1-0
Milwall drew 1-1
Birmingham drew 0-0
Middlesboro lost 1-0
Reading lost 3-0
Palace 1-1
Liverpool lost 6-1
N Forest drew 1-1
West Ham lost 6-0

10 games ago was last one I saw, and I am going tonight :(

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
West ham away, when Butters scored. the Alfie Moon song and give us our bobby back song. I remember they battered for nearly the whole match, but some how we won 0-1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here