Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Poyet finally leaves...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fair play to the CP fans who have joined this thread for a bit of banter - nothing wrong there - but oh dear, that thread on the Palace website, what a dump! Quoting something in Big Red Letters makes it funnier, does it? I only bothered with the fist page, but gawd, it ought to be sent to the Ministry of Education in order to show them once and for all that the British education system is now dead in the water!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
They are right being top of the table with a premier league managerial prospect is bound to get people speculating.

Luckily for palace they won't ever have to worry about these things. You would struggle to donate freedman let alone have him poached

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Am I alone in thinking Gus could have chosen his words a little better regarding "only been at Brighton"?

Was that actually his quote?

Either way they are obsessed and worried. Have been since about May.

se3eagle

Banned
Aug 30, 2011
Reckon he will ever manage a top club? Or in the Premiership?

Early days to say really but since he's been in charge there has been a slow but strong improvement within the club on a weekly basis, welkl thats how ive seen it. Back to the first...question Will he ever manage a top club?.....??? he does:wink:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Gus is committed to getting us in the Prem and then if a better offer is available to him fair play he goes with our blessing.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Isn't life strange ? - all those Palace fans getting excited over a quote from Gus and here I am pacing the bedroom floor night after night worrying what Dougie Freedman might be thinking.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
They are right being top of the table with a premier league managerial prospect is bound to get people speculating.

Luckily for palace they won't ever have to worry about these things. You would struggle to donate freedman let alone have him poached

Yeah, cause he's doing such a shit job isn't he...:rolleyes:

Or is it cause his name isn't as exotic as Poyet's?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I must admit I'm a bit obsessed with the enemy up the M23. I'm shitting myself about that game, I just hope
we really turn them over, my family will not have a good week if we lose

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I was having this conversation the other night with a mate. Yes it will be a sad day when Poyet leaves and yes he will one day go, but you know what, I admire him for his honesty and his ambition....something you don't see often in Croydon is it!!

But what I think you'll find is that by the time Poyet leaves the path has already been layed, Oatway and Tanno will continue this style of play, the reserves and even youth teams are playing this way, this is and will be our way of playing football for the FUTURE regardless of when Poyet leaves.

Well, let them have their moment grabbing any little thing they can, because it wasn't so long ago they were considering whether they should still be our rivals... now they can't cope with the fact we are a better prospect.

I f*cking love it. Pikey wankers.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Blimey what makes that thread on the Nigels board even more laughable is if you actually listen to the interview ... Brighton and Hove Albion | Player | Latest News | Poyets Leicester Press Conference - Part Two

Poyet is talking about Fabio Cappello and how he has managed some of the best teams in the world and then went onto manage a country! Poyet says he has only been at Brighon so how can he even be considered as the Uruguan manager without managing world classed players? No drama there in my eyes, I think the Pala*se fans are getting too excited over a Stoke City fan trying to sell a Brighton news paper?!

D

Deleted User X18H

Blimey what makes that thread on the Nigels board even more laughable is if you actually listen to the interview ... Brighton and Hove Albion | Player | Latest News | Poyets Leicester Press Conference - Part Two

Poyet is talking about Fabio Cappello and how he has managed some of the best teams in the world and then went onto manage a country! Poyet says he has only been at Brighon so how can he even be considered as the Uruguan manager without managing world classed players? No drama there in my eyes, I think the Pala*se fans are getting too excited over a Stoke City fan trying to sell a Brighton news paper?!

I think the question just before is more pertinent.

Last edited:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
What he helped you escape relegation last season and managed to get you a Brighton cast off which you are all raving about now, yes he is amazing.

Glad we're all clear on that then (apart from the cast off part, Murray is mint) :thumbsup: :bowdown:

bullseye1802004

Jul 4, 2011
when will these palace fans start worrying about there own club dougie (useless) freedman in charge they should be worried . the insecuritys they are displaying as fans are beyond belief they pick up on any slight little remark because well lets face it nothin interesting ever happens at crystal crapass !!!!!

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
when will these palace fans start worrying about there own club dougie (useless) freedman in charge they should be worried . the insecuritys they are displaying as fans are beyond belief they pick up on any slight little remark because well lets face it nothin interesting ever happens at crystal crapass !!!!!

Your boys have INFESTED the BBS.

Care to provide evidence why we should be worried with Freedman in charge...? No, I thought not...

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Your boys have INFESTED the BBS.

Care to provide evidence why we should be worried with Freedman in charge...? No, I thought not...

On a half serious point 5 Zero are you enjoying this fresh rivalry, I know I am. When we were previously promoted
we were punching above our weight, its now on a level playing ground (if not tipping our way)?

I'm glad your mob are bothered by us, I've alway been bothered by you lot. I've not looked forward to a game of
football so much since Bristol City in the play off final

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Level playing field?!? We are shitting all over them!!

On a half serious point 5 Zero are you enjoying this fresh rivalry, I know I am. When we were previously promoted
we were punching above our weight, its now on a level playing ground (if not tipping our way)?

I'm glad your mob are bothered by us, I've alway been bothered by you lot. I've not looked forward to a game of

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

Of course, it's what football in this country is about! The fact that both teams are on a level playing field for the first time in ages only adds to it.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here