Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] When do you think full scale international travel will open up again?

When can we travel again?

• 0-3 Months (We'll be travelling again by July)

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • 3-6 Months (Sometime between Aug-Oct)

Votes: 53 29.0%
  • 6-9 Months (Sometime between Nov-Jan)

Votes: 42 23.0%
  • 9-12 Months (Sometime between Feb 21-Apr 21)

Votes: 37 20.2%
  • More than 12 months (Not before May 21)

Votes: 23 12.6%
  • More than 18 months (Not before Nov 21)

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • More than 2 years (Not before May 22)

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Even longer!

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I am fairly shocked that quite a number think we will have full scale travel in the next 3 to 6 months. All I can think is that these people have been following orders but not the news, or you are just taking the piss.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I would probably go with Iceland. Though believe it or not, having been to many countries I still think the Island of Ibiza is beautiful along with parts of Scotland.
hidden bits of Majorca. Done some of Scotland and would agree, but to be fair there area a lot of places in the British Isles which are grossly underrated.

Hope you continue with your travels....

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Shouldn't the question be?...Why should international travel go back to pre Covid 19 levels.

We've been sleep walking into climate change disaster and living with mass deaths due to pollution for a long time. Why on earth would we want to return to that when we have a chance to begin to reverse it?

Yawn.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Virgin Australia has gone into receivership so Qantas prices for domestic routes will soar.....................pardon the pun.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I am fairly shocked that quite a number think we will have full scale travel in the next 3 to 6 months. All I can think is that these people have been following orders but not the news, or you are just taking the piss.

Agreed - I think, unfortunately, it's wishful thinking. If one wants something to happen enough, sometimes one can be convinced that it may happen. As previously mentioned, the international travel landscape will be changed for the long term, there will be fewer flights, they will be more expensive. Many countries will have stricter checks in place on arrival, it's going to be arseache for a few years I would imagine.

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
Usually plenty of helicopters on there. The moving objects are vehicles of some sort I think - usually quite a few around airports ?
Are there usually drones - one west of Calais over the sea at present?

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Like others on NSC, I [used to] travel a lot for work (flying over 100,000 miles per year).

Last night my company - a tech firm headquartered in North Carolina - extended the non-essential global travel ban to March 31st 2021. I'm not going anywhere any time soon, nor in all honesty do I need to. Virtually all my work can be done remotely without a detrimental impact.

#savingtheplanet

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Meant to be getting married in SEAsia in July. Can't see any UK based family and friends being able to come even if we put it off a few months.

Hadn't realised we have Albion fans in Manila, I was due to stop over on my way to Tagum and Davao this month!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
On a related note and I said this to a friend last week who was the same, I can't actually remember the last time I even saw a plane in the sky.
We went for a walk yesterday to the north of Horsham (we are lucky to have the Sussex countryside on our doorstep) and we were all shocked to see a passenger plane on approach to Gatwick it was quite surreal after weeks of nothing.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here