Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When did the rot set in?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The players are bottling it and deserve all the stick they get. hen you pay to 30,000 gates in the second division then you should expect that expectations should be high, and after the disgraceful performance against palace in the play offs last year then they have zero goodwill with the fans. We expect, they either deliver or they will and should get stick

Yes, because giving players abuse will really sort things out and help :facepalm: They get abuse and they will not give more of a shit, support them better and it might just push them on, fan support yesterday was awful.....then you have the mass exodus.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The players are bottling it and deserve all the stick they get. hen you pay to 30,000 gates in the second division then you should expect that expectations should be high, and after the disgraceful performance against palace in the play offs last year then they have zero goodwill with the fans. We expect, they either deliver or they will and should get stick

Thanks. No idea why you quoted my post, your point doesn't seem to have any relevance to the one I made at all. In fact, I'm not even sure what your point is. Something about how we should abuse the players or something. OK then.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yes, because giving players abuse will really sort things out and help :facepalm: They get abuse and they will not give more of a shit, support them better and it might just push them on, fan support yesterday was awful.....then you have the mass exodus.

Well it worked for two of our last actual goalscorers, Glen Murray and Ashley Barnes. They got regular abuse from the crowd and it spurred them on to, er, piss off to somewhere where the fans weren't complete bellends.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I have total faith that the time to change things is not 8 months in to a 5 year project when the targets set for this season are still very much in sight. How can you call it a season long bad patch when we are where we are in the table? It's absolute rubbish.

The time to judge Oscar is at the end of next season, and not before. As long as there is no danger of relegation, which there won't be, he should be given the time to develop and build his team and his culture. These things take time. Bloom took the decision to take on a guy with no experience of this division, so it would be completely and utterly wrong to get rid of him after such a short time, especially when he is well within reach of the targets he was set, even after a ridiculously unlucky injury crisis.

It's sad that football has come to the point where a manager is in fear of his job because he lost three games in a row, after being one of the form teams in the division before them. It shows the intelligence of your average football fan really.

How many times do people have to tell you it's not about losing 3 games in a row, of course that happens it's a part of football. It's about mistakes in set up and during a game, it's a team without confidence and strikers that do not score.
Until yesterday I had faith in OG but a pattern is forming and it goes back a long way.
It says a lot about your confidence in him that your only wish for next year seems to be no relegation? Is that enough for you now?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well it worked for two of our last actual goalscorers, Glen Murray and Ashley Barnes. They got regular abuse from the crowd and it spurred them on to, er, piss off to somewhere where the fans weren't complete bellends.

Exactly.
'One in ten Glenn' was the common nickname for him from a lot of the fans.

Feb 14, 2010
Thanks. No idea why you quoted my post, your point doesn't seem to have any relevance to the one I made at all. In fact, I'm not even sure what your point is. Something about how we should abuse the players or something. OK then.

I was just pointing out that when a players plays for clubs who get more than Leeds, that they must expect expectation. When they bottle it, and put in disgraceful performances such as the palace play off game then they really cant expect anything but stick. Dont blame the 30000 who pay their cash, blame the spineless performances

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
We are doing just fine. I don't think three losses in a row is the worst thing the club has been through.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

With great respect, you come across as an arrogant know it all bellend yourself---your turn:)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was just pointing out that when a players plays for clubs who get more than Leeds, that they must expect expectation. When they bottle it, and put in disgraceful performances such as the palace play off game then they really cant expect anything but stick. Dont blame the 30000 who pay their cash, blame the spineless performances

I'd totally agree with you re the 2nd leg against palace

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
How many times do people have to tell you it's not about losing 3 games in a row, of course that happens it's a part of football. It's about mistakes in set up and during a game, it's a team without confidence and strikers that do not score.
Until yesterday I had faith in OG but a pattern is forming and it goes back a long way.
It says a lot about your confidence in him that your only wish for next year seems to be no relegation? Is that enough for you now?

So where was all this panic when we were doing well a few weeks ago?

It says a lot about you that you need instant success and don't understand that building a successful team takes time. Fortunately Tony Bloom seems to be more closely aligned with my viewpoint than yours. And it's probably fair to say that he is more qualified than both of us.

With great respect, you come across as an arrogant know it all bellend yourself---your turn:)

I know. That's probably because I am one :)

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

It says a lot about you that you need instant success and don't understand that building a successful team takes time. Fortunately Tony Bloom seems to be more closely aligned with my viewpoint than yours. And it's probably fair to say that he is more qualified than both of us.

This, 1 bad patch and its as if were about to be relegated whatever the league position. TB doesnt just want success, he would have put even more money in if that was the case.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
The poogate embarrassment and off field saga through the summer. But I personally also miss Noone! He was an exciting tricky player, always lifted the crowd. I was gutted we sold him.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill

I know. That's probably because I am one :)

Don't think I am panicking just having a crisis of confidence in my team and the current manager. Point me to where I can find the signs you can clearly see that OG is the right man to turn around the problems and the season long lack of goals?
I am serious, what can you see that I can't?

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
If this is rot, heaven knows what home to Sudbury Town or Darlington in 1996 was. The irony is the comparison of the overall position of the club with the lack of entertainment on the pitch. I think that this is causing a fair amount of cognitive dissonance amongst a lot of supporters, particularly the more committed.

The club is still heading in the right direction and the believed promised land of the top tier of English football.However, at the moment, I think we have made a big mis-step in appointing Garcia.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When Bill Archer took over as Chairman.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Don't think I am panicking just having a crisis of confidence in my team and the current manager. Point me to where I can find the signs you can clearly see that OG is the right man to turn around the problems and the season long lack of goals?
I am serious, what can you see that I can't?

Surely you mean the 3 seasons of lack of goals.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
On the question of when the rot set in, I would say it was when Poyet didn't pick the most skillful player in the club, not even on the bench, for the must win game of the season. I believe he's name was Vicente and it's been downhill since.

South Stand Rebel

Sep 6, 2012
The rot set in when Burke and Barber were given control of the footballing side of the club, and Jones was brought in to 'help' Oscar settle in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here