Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When and why did you start supporting Brighton?

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Mum's Dad and Uncle(my godfather and nans brother)where season ticket holders used to take her as small girl in the 50's.
Moved to Gloucestershire in 1970.Dad took me,brother and mum to Eastville to see Albion v B.Rovers in 1976 and we won 4-0, the rest they say......

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
About 1974 my parents split up I was 6, all my dads side of the family were from Stourbridge in the West Midlands and nearly all West Brom fans bar a few who were/are Villa or Wolves fans.
Didn't fancy that at all as I was down here with Ma.
So my Great Uncle Jim on my mums side who was a Brighton fan and lived not far from the Goldstone took me to my first match which was against Palarse and Albion duly won.
Hooked ever since !!!
But tended to pretend at primary school I was a Man City fan to stop the constant jibes and abuse.
When I went to secondary school that very much changed and I knocked a boys tooth out when he called me a Brighton pansy.
The rest is history.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
September 3 1969, Brighton 2, Birmingham City 0, the old League Cup Round Two. My brother and I taken to the game by a neighbour as my old man was never the slightest bit interested in sport. As Brighton were in division Three and Brum in Division Two it was a great result.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
September 3 1969, Brighton 2, Birmingham City 0, the old League Cup Round Two. My brother and I taken to the game by a neighbour as my old man was never the slightest bit interested in sport. As Brighton were in division Three and Brum in Division Two it was a great result.

My 1st Birthday!

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
1967 i think my Dad took me , played football for little while for the Grenadier but most time went to watch Brighton , went to Gillingham and season ticket holder all the time at Withdean , now season ticket holder in 1901 (well i am getting on a bit)

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Since 25 January 1969, so it's my 43rd Albion Anniversary!

Was a bit of a Man Utd nut at the time, because of watching the European Cup Final on TV the previous May. My dad was only ever interested in watching football on TV, but a mate suggested going along to the Goldstone. It was my first live game, we beat Crewe 3-1, and I was hooked forever!

SuperMario

PLAY IT!
Sep 6, 2006
About 1967/68 season.Remember Napier,Dawson,Spearitt,Gulliver etc oh and the great Alan Duffy not mention Fred Binney replaced by one Peter Ward.against York City won 7-2 that day same season beat Wasall 7-0 Ward and Mellor show that night.

Feb 28, 2009
I've supported Brighton ever since we moved to Sussex in the early 80s. Apart from a couple of years when I watched Horsham (my son played for them) I either watch or listen to the game.

Come on you Seagulls.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I've always "followed" Brighton but had never been to a game until this season. (been to Wembley loads of times though to watch England, and can safely say I'll probably never bother again)..

Anyway, my mate couldn't make it so I went along with his ticket.. Shitty evening, wet and crap, and we lost 1-0 to West Ham. But, I bloody loved every second. Wembley is like a library compared to The Amex! I've been to nearly every home game since then (yes, all 6 or 7 of them LOL).. Burnley game was epic, Southampton too.. I'm totally hooked and cannot wait to go again.

Even gonna try and get a season ticket for my boy as well after he enjoyed his first trip there last week. "JCL" me all you like, but I'm here to stay! SEAGUUUULLLLS!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Started watching Brighton in 1966 soon after I first moved into the area. However I didn't become a fully-fledged, 100%, forsaking-all-others Brighton fan until 1972. Still had loyalties to Chelsea and Palace!

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
Plymouth away 3-3 2003/04, Dad took me along. Loved it ever since :)

That was a quality game! Drove down there with all my mates crammed into my shitty little Fiesta (and believe me, it was shit!! I used a whole 5 litres of oil for the journey). We were 3-1 up I believe & had a stone wall penalty that was ignored & they got 2 goals back in the last few mins, Good memories!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No-one liked football in our family so lived in Rottingdean so it was the Albion as nearest League club

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
My 1st Birthday!

Awwwww :lol:

Worth noting that had I not had chronic bronchitis as a child (people still used coal for heating) I could well have been a Palace fan. I was born a couple of miles of miles away in Beckenham. However by the time I was five my parents had the good sense to move to Sussex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here