Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When and why did you start supporting Brighton?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
August 2011, couldn't resiste the lure of a new Stadium with padded seats and prawn sarnies. The promotion helped as well. Still watch Man United on the telly though

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
2001 against Peterborough in a 1-1 draw was the first Brighton game I went to. I was hooked as my dad who's actually a QPR fan took me to meet my dads cousin at the pub behind the north stand at withdean. It was so strange because I saw that the fans were getting ready to go to the stands and I said to my dad in hope are we going to watch Brighton? And he said yeah and I was so excited. That evening game I was hooked and ever since I've become a fan. Wasn't until the 09-10 season till I could afford a season ticket.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Some time in the late 90s I started supporting them properly. I was a bit on and off with football when I was a kid and even had periods of supporting Everton and Leeds :eek: It was my brothers (with the obvious exception) that really got me into following the Albion.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Lived in Hove when growing up - near to the Goldstone - used to go to watch the Albion with a couple of girls from school - got hooked straight away and went every week. First got asked out, outside the North Stand by an avid Albion fan - so started going together - although he stood in the North and I went in the West by the dug out.

I got to know many of the players and used to work in the little tea hut behind the West stand on match days - Loved watching the Seagulls - and the reserves. Players were fab, friendly and great fun. Loads of laughs and memories.

Stopped going when I got married to a non Albion fan and had the kids but never stopped looking at the scores and reading the news. Went to a handful of games at the Withdean but difficult to get tickets - have only missed one game at the Amex - now taking my kids and we are enjoying it together.

I get such a great feeling knowing that Saturday is round the corner and we are off to the footie. It's something that my 17 year old and my 7 year old and me can do together and have fun as a family too.

I love BHA and always have!

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
97ish I think, (whenever the Sandtex, Admiral shirt was) I got bought this when I was just 3 or 4 living in Worthing by my Grandad. I always knew my team was the Albion but I first went to a game in 1999 which was away at Peterborough, because i'd moved up north :( I've been to 5 or 6 away games a year since then but am planning on doubling that now i'm 19 and have a well paid job :D

Shammo

Jan 31, 2005
Burgess Hill
Moved from Bishop's Stortford (where i had a season ticket for BSFC) in October 1983 to Brighton when my parents split. First thing i did was get a season ticket at Brighton and haven't looked back.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My Dad used to write for the Gullseye fanzine, back in the early 90s I think.

Whole family went around 1993-1997, I was only a little nipper so used to stand on a milk crate in the North Stand, just to the right of the goal. Tell you what, whenever we scored it was a terrifying sight, dozens of massive blokes surging towards me. I remember a Mark Farringdon shot hit me in the face once.

Went to Gillingham a few times but once my brother went to Uni, I (along with parents) lost a fair bit of interest in the Albion, and *TERRIBLE FAN* decided to start supporting Villa, so I could have someone to watch on Match of the Day. I was probably a bit too young to go to Albion games on my own.

Brother came back from Uni and I started going to games again around 2006. Hooked ever since, and pleased to say I have managed to help convert two mates (formerly Arsenal & Liverpool fans) who are now 100% Albion, and am in the process of converting another (no team, well BHA now).

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
About 1970 ... family settled in Haywards Heath and it was the only available option, can't remember first game but used to go down on train every game .... been a fanatic ever since albeit not a reg attender until now

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
Since 1977 when I was born. I'm Hove born and bred and i grew up opposite the goldstone in goldstone crescent My first game was v Huddersfield in November 1985. My dad has had a season ticket since the 50s so you could say I didn't really have much choice, the same as my lad now!

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
My uncle took me to the home game against Bristol Rovers in 78/79 season and that was that.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
1974/5.

though if we would have gone bust, I would have transferred my allegiance to a premiership side in london as I was sick of 20 odd years of no trophies or anything.

Would have chosen Chelsea probably.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
My dad took me to the withdean regularly as a kid , but i was more interested in rugby back then, when we went to the play off final in 2004 it was the first time football and the albion came first in my life and its been that way ever since. Story of a younger lad for you there!

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I was born and raised in Dorset. I remember going to watch Bournemouth with my Dad a few times but it wasn't until I got a job and moved to Brighton in 1983 that I got hooked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here