Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***WHC IX: Semi Final 1***

Hardest beast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I want to vote Mouse, a feisty fellow with all the attributes you expect in this competition. BUT, the more you delve into the Wolverine, the animal with the devil in his eyes, installed into ancient legend, attacking beers, fighting wolves off their kills, I can't see past this ferocious furry monster...

And it LOVES a belly rub.

3014373465_d06ff760bd_b.jpg

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I really can't muster much enthusiasm for the rest of this competition following the hatchet job on the Badger in the last round (you know who you are and will have to live with that on your conscience for the rest of your lives!!) but if really pushed I suppose I can give a weak flaccid pathetic flick of a very tired wrist in favour of the mouse.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Very much like your support of the cuddly badger then?

Anyway, the mouse does look like the harder of these two beasts, so I'm glad that we can agree.

I assume you'll be able to persuade all of your 'friends' to the same opinion too? Would be a travesty for the Mouse not to win just because the wolverine looks a bit like a badger.

Jan 29, 2015
I assume you'll be able to persuade all of your 'friends' to the same opinion too? Would be a travesty for the Mouse not to win just because the wolverine looks a bit like a badger.

Friends? Billy no mates, me. It's the fate reserved for those who take a principled stance on anything these days, it seems.

Even if I had any friends, I don't think I'd do any persuading. My entire raison d'etre was to campaign to eliminate the cuddly badger; that achieved, it hardly seems worthwhile even voting again this year, let alone lobbying others. I do take your point that the Wolverine looks a bit like the cuddly badger, certainly more so than the mouse anyway, but you're missing the key fact - it's not the cuddly badger.

Mouse for the win; but cba personally...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Wolverine is the only beast which can win this tournament now, the others are shrouded in controversy and in some cases, downright Blatter-style cheating!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Is this a biggest sluts contest? Hard :jester:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Friends? Billy no mates, me. It's the fate reserved for those who take a principled stance on anything these days, it seems.

Even if I had any friends, I don't think I'd do any persuading. My entire raison d'etre was to campaign to eliminate the cuddly badger; that achieved, it hardly seems worthwhile even voting again this year, let alone lobbying others. I do take your point that the Wolverine looks a bit like the cuddly badger, certainly more so than the mouse anyway, but you're missing the key fact - it's not the cuddly badger.

Mouse for the win; but cba personally...

Billy no-mates indeed .... and if so inclined you may wish to pause and wonder why this is???

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm not quite sure why being a cannbibal is considered hard. For every blood-thirsty cannibal mouse, there's a pathetic wimpy little mouse getting its arse eaten. At best its a wash.

Why? Because it's going the extra mile. It's not merely content with running off it's rival, it's not even happy just killing it's enemy....it goes the whole hog and eats you too. That's a mental response to someone stepping foot into your ridiculously large territory and lets be honest it's pretty intimidating to know that your opponent is going to not just beat you, not just kill you but eat you. That's a full on hard response to an incursion into your land.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I really can't muster much enthusiasm for the rest of this competition following the hatchet job on the Badger in the last round (you know who you are and will have to live with that on your conscience for the rest of your lives!!) but if really pushed I suppose I can give a weak flaccid pathetic flick of a very tired wrist in favour of the mouse.

You do realise that the Wolverine is basically the honey badger....only harder?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Why? Because it's going the extra mile. It's not merely content with running off it's rival, it's not even happy just killing it's enemy....it goes the whole hog and eats you too. That's a mental response to someone stepping foot into your ridiculously large territory and lets be honest it's pretty intimidating to know that your opponent is going to not just beat you, not just kill you but eat you. That's a full on hard response to an incursion into your land.

But to be a cannibal means you eat your own kind - so for every show-boating killer freak-mouse, there are many ex-mice who weren't hard.... and got killed and eaten. Wimps.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Yes, but what about the mouse that gets cannabalised? He's a Grasshopper mouse too, and he's just been eaten by another mouse. Thats pretty damn pathetic.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Yes, but what about the mouse that gets cannabalised? He's a Grasshopper mouse too, and he's just been eaten by another mouse. Thats pretty damn pathetic.

Nope. Both mice know that they go into the fight with a good chance that they will not only be beaten, but not allowed to run away, instead being killed and then eaten. And both mice still go for the fight and continue fighting until they win or they die. No running away, no retreat. Hard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here