Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***WHC IX: Quarter final 4***

Hardest beast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
There's something distinctly underhand about the way this poll is evolving....I sense the deadhand of Mod involvement and hereby give notice that I shall be requesting a judicial review of the conduct of this poll if, as incredibly it appears may be possible, that bloody bear comes through against the mighty badger.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
There's something distinctly underhand about the way this poll is evolving....I sense the deadhand of Mod involvement and hereby give notice that I shall be requesting a judicial review of the conduct of this poll if, as incredibly it appears may be possible, that bloody bear comes through against the mighty badger.
As far as I can see there is only one recognisable 2nd account in the voting so far and they've voted badger.

Cheats and bad losers.

Edit: make that two. Both badger.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Another moany badgerista who's already voted. :whistle:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
WARNING - CASTRATED LION PICTURE FOLLOWS

Right.

This account comes from a friend of a friend who was doing a stint at an animal sanctuary in South Africa.

Basically a Honey Badger and a fully grown lion were in adjoining enclosures, The lion wasn’t bothered, but the Honey Badger didn’t take kindly to this. It had the scent of lion and it wanted a ****ing dust up.

So what did it do? It burrowed underneath the chain fence separating the two, walked up to the lion, and despite being a mere fraction in size, simple DE-MEATANDTWOVEG-ED it. It sustained injuries in the process but the poor lion, had to receive full treatment from the handlers before being euthanised.

Here is a photo of the lion.

attachment.php

VOTE HONEY BADGER.

Attachments

• HB.jpg
    HB.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 200

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I can only :facepalm: these comments. Do you only vote for creatures that don't run away from human beings!?

I was lucky enough to have been on safari for a week and saw a lot of different creatures. Only one of them cacked itself and ran away.

The hippos didn't run away.
The lions didn't.
The giraffes didn't.
The elephants didn't.
The cheetahs didn't.
The cape buffalos didn't.
The zebra didn't.
The wild dogs didn't.
Even the cowardly impala - aka the McDonalds of the Serengeti - didn't.

The honey badger did.

Like I said, yellow.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The record of Beasts to have beaten Honey Badger:

2007 Lost QF to Hippo, which made the SF
2009 Lost in Round 1 group stage
2010 Lost Final to Hippo
2011 Lost Final to Orca
2012 Lost SF to Orca which made the final
2013 Lost SF to Croc which made the final
2014 Lost Final to the Mantis Shrimp
2015 Lost SF to Croc which WON

So it has lost to the eventual winner 4 times; 3 finals and last year’s semi final.

Obviously people’s definitions of ‘staying in the fight’ will vary, but the Honey Badger has amassed more votes than any other animal over the years. See below:

Total votes
1Honey Badger1559
2Salt Water Crocodile1435
3Hippo1152
4Orca710
5Great White506
6Polar Bear489
7Cassowary433
8Mantis Shrimp384
9Bengal Tiger339
10Grizzly Bear327

Jan 29, 2015
Indeed.

I see you've not voted yet, yourself. Still considering, I guess.

Yes, I am. I'm finding it very hard to decide. I've been assessing the evidence presented and taking my responsibilities seriously. I'll continue to do that right up to the last minute. And then vote for the animal that isn't the badger*

*unless my vote isn't needed to ensure the badger loses. Can't say fairer than that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

2010 Lost Final to Hippo
2011 Lost Final to Orca

Oooh...

Interesting point - EVERY single defeat has come to an (semi / fully) aquatic beast. WATER is clearly the tabby's Achilles heel.

If the croc goes out to the fluffy tiger, that's all the water beasts gone. Might this be tabby's year?

not the badger

Jan 8, 2016
Yes, I am. I'm finding it very hard to decide. I've been assessing the evidence presented and taking my responsibilities seriously. I'll continue to do that right up to the last minute. And then vote for the animal that isn't the badger*

*unless my vote isn't needed to ensure the badger loses. Can't say fairer than that.

Weird. That's my strategy too. Only, I was planning to be more surreptitious about it than you. :shrug:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

2010 Lost Final to Hippo
2011 Lost Final to Orca

So it has lost to the eventual winner 4 times; 3 finals and last year’s semi final.

Obviously people’s definitions of ‘staying in the fight’ will vary, but the Honey Badger has amassed more votes than any other animal over the years. See below:

Total votes
1Honey Badger1559
2Salt Water Crocodile1435
3Hippo1152
4Orca710
5Great White506
6Polar Bear489
7Cassowary433
8Mantis Shrimp384
9Bengal Tiger339
10Grizzly Bear327

These are telling figures my friend but as we know the NSC moderating mafiosi hate the honey badger because it is more popular than them and will do anything in their power to prevent it from assuming its natural position as the outright and undisputed winner every year.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The Honey Badger has been known to attack and castrate Buffalo. That is so hard it's INSANE.

I presume everyone has already seen the video of a whole PRIDE of lions waking up a sleeping Honey Badger, who is so incensed at having his nap curtailed he goes BATSHIT and just tells them all to **** off.

The deliberately attack entire hives (i.e. THOUSANDS) of killer bees.

They scrap with the most venomous snakes on earth and are NOT immune to the venom, but will take bite after bite after bite before continuing to beat up on the snake before using it's fangs as a toothpick.

Easily the hardest animal the world has ever known. Easily,

WARNING - CASTRATED LION PICTURE FOLLOWS

Right.

This account comes from a friend of a friend who was doing a stint at an animal sanctuary in South Africa.

Basically a Honey Badger and a fully grown lion were in adjoining enclosures, The lion wasn’t bothered, but the Honey Badger didn’t take kindly to this. It had the scent of lion and it wanted a ****ing dust up.

So what did it do? It burrowed underneath the chain fence separating the two, walked up to the lion, and despite being a mere fraction in size, simple DE-MEATANDTWOVEG-ED it. It sustained injuries in the process but the poor lion, had to receive full treatment from the handlers before being euthanised.

Here is a photo of the lion.

attachment.php

VOTE HONEY BADGER.

Yes I've heard this story, and what a story it is:

The Lion was in fact a tame Lion having been abandoned as a cub and reared by hand. It had absolutely NO idea what it was and how powerful it is having NEVER had to use any of these things in practice. The tame Lion was in fact thinking the Bodger wanted to play.

Here's a video of a REAL Lion eating a Honey Badger.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
These are telling figures my friend but as we know the NSC moderating mafiosi hate the honey badger because it is more popular than them and will do anything in their power to prevent it from assuming its natural position as the outright and undisputed winner every year.

This POV always intrigues me. There are plenty of underhand tactics and second accounts in play in this thing - both pro and anti badger. What's any of that got to do with the moderators?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
the Honey Badger has amassed more votes than any other animal over the years.

Meaningless - it's the WHC equivalent of %possession. It's winning and only winning that counts. Badger = perma-loser.

Nice stats though...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I was lucky enough to have been on safari for a week and saw a lot of different creatures. Only one of them cacked itself and ran away.

The hippos didn't run away.
The lions didn't.
The giraffes didn't.
The elephants didn't.
The cheetahs didn't.
The cape buffalos didn't.
The zebra didn't.
The wild dogs didn't.
Even the cowardly impala - aka the McDonalds of the Serengeti - didn't.

The honey badger did.

Like I said, yellow.

Yep, like I said....definitely :facepalm:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Exactly, over a third of the Mantis Shrimps votes came in one single bout.

That indicated the level of skullduggery it took to rob the HB of it's deserved crown in 2014.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Meaningless - it's the WHC equivalent of %possession. It's winning and only winning that counts. Badger = perma-loser.

Nice stats though...

Matches or Leagues WON
Salt Water Crocodile25
Honey Badger22
Hippo15
Polar Bear13
Orca11
Great White7
Bengal Tiger5
Mantis Shrimp5
Grizzly Bear5
Wolverine4