What's your favourite FOOD night?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I made; 2 Waffles, 5 hashbrowns, 3 sausages, 4 rashers, shrooms, 3 poached eggs, beans and a pint of milk to try and cure my hangover. I feel sick.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
A fry up is not the same without black pudding.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not sure you can beat a properly cooked roast to be honest, although fajitas are indeed the mutts nuts.

A big shout out for the traditional English cooked breakfast, as cooked by me EVERY Sunday morning for my family.

eggs - fried, poached or scrambled, optional grilled sausage, grilled bacon, grilled tomato, optional mushrooms and a slice of toast. :drool:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
A fry up is not the same without black pudding.

Could not locate any at local shop and wasn't yomping down to Sainsbury's this morning. A wise observation though .

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
bigstockphoto_Rare_Steak_1471404.jpg

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
MY FAVOURITE FOOD NIGHTS ARE:

Chicken breasts wrapped in bacon stuffed with garlicy Boursin, served with new pots and a selection from any of the following fresh veg: squeaky beans, mange tout, BROCCOLI, aparagus, peas, carrots (must have at least three veg as well as pots).
That's if its being made for me, pretty similar if I'm cooking but replacing chicken with fresh Tuna steaks.
Home made fishcakes and mountains of salad is very high on my list too. AND IS MY NEXT FAVOURITE-EST.

Last edited:

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I bloody LOVE fajita night! It's GREAT. I have chicken fajitas mostly, sometimes I just like roasted vegetables. Either way they are BRILLIO mates.

I normally have fajita night twice a week but last week I had them FOUR times. It was suggested I might soon turn into a FAJITA! I hope this isn't the case and I don't know how long I could last without smothering myself in salsa and sour cream (allow the guacamole, that shit is nasty) and taking a big bite.

FAJITAS! SI SIGNORITA!

r206_fajitas_l_209.jpg

I love them too, but sadly dont get to scoff them very often :thumbsup:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
well a lot of people don't have favourite food nights as they eat what they fancy when they like. we all get it just posting other stuff too. But

MY FAVOURITE IS ALSO FAJHITAS OR POSSIBLY FISH

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The first is a veggie roast and the second is what I got after googling "plate of vomit" to illustrate my contempt for veggies.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's my own faiult, I should have created a poll.

Seems Fajitas would probably have won the day anyway.

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
It's my own faiult, I should have created a poll.

Seems Fajitas would probably have won the day anyway.

Could I stick a spanner in your "non poll" winner and say that enchilada's are the future!!!

Fajitas are dead:laugh:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We're having fajitas tonight. Our choice was not inspired by this thread.

In homage to the Nibbster, mine will be Quorn (and veg) but I shall spice them right up with fresh chillis and, probably, some Encona HOT West Indian sauce.

Is it my favourite food night, I ask myself. Probably not, but it ranks highly for sure. Also right up there are 'burger nights'. Big chunky (veggie) quarter pounders dripping in mature cheddar in a floury ciabatta, or similar, with some tomato slices, loads of rocket and then sauced right up with Heinz ketchup, French's yellow mustard, some spicy relish and, spot the theme, loads of Encona. The chips will be home made - big chunks of potato with a glug of olive oil, thrown into a hot oven. YUM!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
We're having fajitas tonight. Our choice was not inspired by this thread.

In homage to the Nibbster, mine will be Quorn (and veg) but I shall spice them right up with fresh chillis and, probably, some Encona HOT West Indian sauce.

Is it my favourite food night, I ask myself. Probably not, but it ranks highly for sure. Also right up there are 'burger nights'. Big chunky (veggie) quarter pounders dripping in mature cheddar in a floury ciabatta, or similar, with some tomato slices, loads of rocket and then sauced right up with Heinz ketchup, French's yellow mustard, some spicy relish and, spot the theme, loads of Encona. The chips will be home made - big chunks of potato with a glug of olive oil, thrown into a hot oven. YUM!

Your talk of burgers has made me very hungry.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
MY FAVOURITE FOOD NIGHTS ARE:

Chicken breasts wrapped in bacon stuffed with garlicy Boursin, served with new pots and a selection from any of the following fresh veg: squeaky beans, mange tout, BROCCOLI, aparagus, peas, carrots (must have at least three veg as well as pots).
That's if its being made for me, pretty similar if I'm cooking but replacing chicken with fresh Tuna steaks.
Home made fishcakes and mountains of salad is very high on my list too. AND IS MY NEXT FAVOURITE-EST.

mmmmm, I think I am going to come round your house right now and demand you serve me the former.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports