Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your favourite Crisp?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Walkers, after many years of eating before the 2nd crisp revolution, are simply for peasants or livestock.

Sorry, but I give you...the Salty Dog range! For the connoisseurs amongst us...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
These were heaven. . . . especially after swimmimg at King Alfred.

Golden-Wonder-oxo.jpg

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This is an ENGLISH survey and JAPANESE 'crisps' will not be tolerated :rant:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You were doing it all wrong; you were supposed to shake the salt on the CRISPS.

Yes I remember those Smith's Crisps adverts. In my teens at the time - would have shaken anything anywhere on anything if Pattie Boyd had asked me! Sadly for my teenage self, George Harrison - and then Eric Clapton - got to her first.............
Still, if you're out there anywhere, Pattie...................

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ever tried Basashi? It's a bit hit and miss depending on the establishment. I've had gorgeous basashi that just melts in the mouth and I've had horrible chewy basashi that was like chewing an old boot. A bit of a gamble.

Precisely why such foreign 'muck' should be approached with great caution. British crisps are world leaders. Let others design cars, pastries and so forth but crisps...leave it to the experts: Britain. Other countries need not apply. :)

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
It HAS to be Golden Wonder for me. But very rarely do you see them stocked in supermarkets.

Sausage and Tomato, Oxo, Heinz ketchup, fabulous!

Sausage and Tomato are my all-time favourite; a unique flavour that tastes like neither of the items in the name. Very popular in the 70s and I think they still make them on a small scale. Not as good as S&T but worth a mention were Pickled Onion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here