Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your favourite Crisp?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Is of course the right answer, all this Brannigans shananigans from Easy 10 and Walkers is the equivalent of a McDonalds hamburger.
But then i would say that wouldn't I as Mrs Chopper works for them, i had better not say in what position just in case but it is very high up within the company.
Joking aside, seriously nice chips (not crisps)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is of course the right answer, all this Brannigans shananigans from Easy 10 and Walkers is the equivalent of a McDonalds hamburger.
But then i would say that wouldn't I as Mrs Chopper works for them, i had better not say in what position just in case but it is very high up within the company.

Pretentious nonsense. We say CRISPS in this country.

Walk into any newsagents and ask for a bag of chips, and they'll spit on your back.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Mexican Chilli flavoured McCoys - not sold in enough places!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Walk into any newsagents and ask for a bag of chips, and they'll spit on your back.

Fair point, they are a British company but i have no idea why they call them chips, i will ask her when she gets in.

My idea of a decent crisp (or chip) is obviously the flavour has to be right and not too salty, but you can also taste the oil it is fried in behind the flavour, if they get it right it makes the crisp delicious, get it wrong and its like drinking dirty vegetable oil, only a few crisps manage to do this.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Salt and vinegar Discos for me. Or original Hula Hoops. Quite partial to Sour Cream and Onion Pringles too - the only acceptable flavour of that brand. Those spirally ones, too - Twisters, maybe? Them's good eating.

This is making me all nostalgic 'coz I almost never eat crisps any more.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Salt and vinegar Discos for me. Or original Hula Hoops. Quite partial to Sour Cream and Onion Pringles too - the only acceptable flavour of that brand. Those spirally ones, too - Twisters, maybe? Them's good eating.

Smiths square crisps were great as well, really crispy, i liked Discos as well.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Fair point, they are a British company but i have no idea why they call them chips, i will ask her when she gets in.

The owner of their parent company calls them "crisps" when he refers to the product on the Burt's website... it's the only reference to "crisps" on the website I can see - perhaps ask your better half to have a word in the shell-like of the marketing folk to get some brand consistency?

"Q. What are your aspirations for Burts?
To ensure that we carry on being the best premium crisps brand in the business..."

http://www.burtschips.com/whos-behind-burts/

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

Everybody in this country knows what a chip is and what a crisp is. Those are crisps. I would not have them with a piece of cod.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Quite right too. Crisps are a good old fashioned working class snack, and the two words, gourmet, and crisps, just don't belong side by side.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Hard to pick just one -

Current Top five
Walkers Max - Paprika
Walkers Max - Flaming Hot
Walkers - Marmite
Doritos - Chilli Heatwave
REAL Hand cooked crisps - Ham and Mustard

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Disco's, Hula Hoops, Pringles, Twisters. Herne Hill really has gone upmarket since the days I lived there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here