Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the WEIRDEST thing you've EATEN?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Brains, heart, lung, intestines, blood from various animals. Plus meat from crocodile, snake, ostrich, porcupine, tarantula. A variety of insects too.

Never dog though. I like dogs.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Brains, heart, lung, intestines, blood from various animals. Plus meat from crocodile, snake, ostrich, porcupine, tarantula. A variety of insects too.

Never dog though. I like dogs.

I tend to eat food I like.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

I like a kebab too.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
That reminds me I tried chicken feet in Taipei too. The Chinese claim it's a delicacy. Is it bollocks. It tastes exactly like how you'd expect, the bony remains of things that have spent their short life treading on shit. Disgusting. But cheap.

Agreed, thought there must be something to it but there ain't

Horse is the only thing I've given back to the waiter, on principle, without tasting. I was disgusted by the very thought of it, if that counts?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I've eaten all of the usual weirdness in Tokyo (raw horse, sushi that's still twitching, caramelised grasshoppers etc) but the only thing I couldn't keep down was something that's quite normal here and eaten by the locals in pubs and restaurants up and down the land. It's called Nankotsu and it's basically fried chicken cartilage. You know when you have a KFC and you get a bit of that white bone from the middle of knee joint? That's the stuff. They fry it up and munch it like it's NOT something that should have been thrown straight in the bin. "It's good with beer!" they say. And when they say that what they really mean is that any sane person would need to be paralytically drunk to contemplate eating it.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I've tried a few weird things like frog, jelly fish or century eggs. Weirdest has to be balut egg; a developing duck embryo that is boiled and eaten in the shell.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Sea urchin which was disgusting despite the meal being in a great location (Essouira in Morocco) and crocodile for me, too. Plus I had a sea food stir fry in Vietnam last year which contained some of the strangest looking things ever to come out of the ocean. And to think I passed up on the opportunity to have field mouse to have it, too.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Locust followed by crocodile. croc tasted like chicken

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Trust me..if you eat any processed meat products...hotdogs, nuggets, canned burgers, paste, cheap pies.. then you've already eaten stuff way more disgusting and unnaturally weird than sea slugs or snails...maybe not rotten shark tho'!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here