Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the WEIRDEST thing you've EATEN?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Some sort of bug, regularly and inadvertently, as they used to drop in to our food. It was low lighting at dinner time and it took a while to get used to checking our food. The crunch used to give the game away.

Guinea pig (cuy) and crocodile a few times.

I think I may have eaten dog, but I couldn't be sure. A starving dog did turn down my offer to share the unknown meat.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have eaten alligator, sea slug, ducks feet, kangaroo burger, not altogether tho

That reminds me I tried chicken feet in Taipei too. The Chinese claim it's a delicacy. Is it bollocks. It tastes exactly like how you'd expect, the bony remains of things that have spent their short life treading on shit. Disgusting. But cheap.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Beef lung when I lived in Toronto. Chinatown East Restaurant's Dim Sum. Thought it was carrot sticks, it was frigging disgusting. Texture, smell, taste, everything about it was wrong.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Eaten most of the stuff mentioned so far, but for me the weirdest and most disgusting food I've eaten remains Bird's Eye Alphabites.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
i sucked a dutch cap out of a bird once , she had to put me over a chair and finger my bobo to get it out..!!

That's a Takeabreak magazine recipe. Tuna surprise. My mate had it once but he never had the afters you had.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
A slice of raw sea-cucumber, and I made no change to its shape or appearance after 1/2 hour of chewing the thing

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
That reminds me I tried chicken feet in Taipei too. The Chinese claim it's a delicacy. Is it bollocks. It tastes exactly like how you'd expect, the bony remains of things that have spent their short life treading on shit. Disgusting. But cheap.

My mate took me to this "hidden treasure" of a Chinese restaurant which occupied, oddly, an entire level of an NCP car park in Liverpools Chinatown. We were the only non Chinese in there and it was PACKED. we got served this delicacy too. I remember that they tasted end smelt like human feet that needed a good wash. Never eat something that still has toenails on it has been one of my mottos since that day. In fact the whole meal was one horror after another. God help us when they invade.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There was a place in Hove called Coriander (don't know if it's still there) that served crocodile on its menu.

There's a stall at Borough Market that sells kangaroo burgers and ostrich burgers. I'll get round to trying them one day.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
When I was a child I went through a phase of eating garden snails. Used to munch them all up, shells and all. Don't remember being particularly disgusted or ill.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I had some Abalone in Japan , it was cooked in our hotel room in the shell with a naked flame under it , poor f---er , it wriggled like anything . I didn't fancy it but had to eat it really after what it had gone through for me , tasted crap . We had a river running beside our hotel and the missus wanted to throw hers in the river so it would survive , daft cow !

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Not me, but an apprentice at work went round all the chaps on payday betting them all a tidy sum he would drink a bottle of seven day old milk, which was green and yellow and generally rancid. He took a lot of bets, then drank it all straight down, and kept it down, and cashed in...

It wasn't until a month later that he revealed to me it was made up of ice cream, fresh milk, and colouring :ohmy:

Blinder :)

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
When I was a child I went through a phase of eating garden snails. Used to munch them all up, shells and all. Don't remember being particularly disgusted or ill.

You are Charles de Gaulle and I claim my £5.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here