What's happened to Chelsea?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im not wading thru all this but my two penneth. Gus will be NOWHERE near the managers job. Putting aside the Suarez thing, all this "if you dont like it I go home" nonsense he spouts from time to time will not go down well with Ambramovich if they are on a losing run.

We have won ONE game in the last 12. Can you honestly see Abramovich tolerating that? Four games or whatever without a win and AVB is under massive pressure no doubt from Roman AND the media. Its INTENSE. A dummy spitting, stubborn chap like Poyet (much as I love him) is no way going to be Chelsea manager in the forseeable.

Also a Chelsea fan at work thinks AVB is the man. But needs time which of course he wont have but anyway, apparantly SEVEN Mourinho signings were part of the team that lost to Liverpool.

He says they do need a MASSIVE clearout and AVB needs to build his own team. It wont happen like that of course, especially when Abramovic is buying playthings like Torres and Shevchenko.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I've got one word for Chelsea or maybe Roman to be direct, 'stability'. Manchester United's periods of success have come from Matt Busby era - manager for 24 years, and Ferguson, 25 years. Liverpool's dominance started with Shankly, and was continued by a succession of managers from within the club. Barcelona's only dominant periods of La Liga have come through longer term management, Cruyff won 4 titles and a European Cup in an 8 year spell, and Guardiola has continued Rijkaard's success over a 5 year stint with a 3 year period and counting.

Chelsea have had 7 managers in 7 years. It's never going to secure sustained long term success. Got to ride out the rough with the smooth. Ancelotti's win rate was 61%, he won a double, and yet that wasn't good enough. Unbelievable to sack a manager of that calibre and bring in one with next to no experience, never played the game, and only 34 years old. At 34, how on earth has he had enough exposure to the game to deal with a job like that - I think Chelsea are finding out the answer.

Managers like Pardew, Adkins, Gus, Lambert, Rogers are all learning their trades through hard graft, they are without a doubt an up and coming new breed of manager, but crikey, I wouldn't have said any of them were ready for a job as big as Chelsea's. The Villas Boas appointment still have me completely baffled!
There are some Brighton fans who would do well to heed that lesson too. We've already heard a couple of whispers on here that if we don't win a few games soon then Poyet will be 'under pressure'. (Despite the fact we're in mid-table and are in a better position than we've been for decades). It's only the barking-mad lunatic fringe saying that at the moment of course but even so.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
There are some Brighton fans who would do well to heed that lesson too. We've already heard a couple of whispers on here that if we don't win a few games soon then Poyet will be 'under pressure'. (Despite the fact we're in mid-table and are in a better position than we've been for decades). It's only the barking-mad lunatic fringe saying that at the moment of course but even so.
When we lost to Inter at home in the champions league, there were even some f***ing morons singing " f*** off mourinho" , that tells you all you need to know about a certain type of football fan, and yes even some brighton fans fall into the category.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I agree, no doubt Gus is under pressure to get a decent run going, but that is totally different to saying he's under pressure for his job. The thought hasn't even entered my head, the only parting of ways I can forsee is him getting a much better offer elsewhere. Hopefully he doesn't and he can grow and learn with the club in the long term.

But needs time which of course he wont have but anyway, apparantly SEVEN Mourinho signings were part of the team that lost to Liverpool.

I can see about 7 from Mourinho - and yes I am very bored at work.

Ranieri - Cech, Terry (youth), Lampard
Mourinho - Cole, Mikel, Malouda, Drogba
Grant - Ivanovic
Scolari - None
Ancelotti - Luiz, Ramires, Sturridge, Torres
Vilas Boas - Mata

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
For some reason I have/had a deep seated dislike for Chelsea, maybe because my Dad used to be a Fulham fan.

However, since AVB took over they became instantly more likeable and interesting. The reason why they are in a shit that they are is that no manager has been in charge long enough to develop his squad, the squad remains significantly the same as when Mourinho was in charge and that is the most shocking thing. If they get rid of AVB it wil be the same problem until they let a manager ring the changes. And primarily they must get rid of JT who just sticks around like a bad stench. It would be very disappointing if AVB gets the sack because to be honest he's a bit of fresh air and I would like to see what he could do in the Premiership.

The knee jerk media with statements like 'miserable Chelsea' and 'Chelsea in the doldrums'. They are 5th or whatever in the Premier League during what must be a season of transformation, FFS.

Hopefully Chelsea will beat Valencia and all will be forgotten.

For large lengths of the game last night they played better then they have done for quite a while, some really exciting football. If they sort the defence out they might be half decent.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
At the end of the day it is about stability. Considering the money in Man City they have been admirably patient with Mancini and now it's reaping its rewards. Ferguson is the model all clubs should follow. Wenger, despite Arsenals 6 year run without a pot keeps a stable ship. Redknapp has bedded in and is doing ok, Liverpool didn't do badly under Benitez, winning the ECL. Chelsea were stable under Mourinho. But since Jose they have changed managers like we change clothes and Chelsea are unable to progress under a manager moulding a team. It is starting to bite their arses big time now. Ageing team, poor results and yet still a top four side! RA needs to allow a poor season in order to regroup and change the personnel. If not Chelsea will end up being the oldest side in the country!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Was interesting to hear the other night that the manager of Napoli, name escapes me, is currently the longest serving manager in Serie A, a whopping two seasons

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I can see about 7 from Mourinho - and yes I am very bored at work.

Ranieri - Cech, Terry (youth), Lampard
Mourinho - Cole, Mikel, Malouda, Drogba
Grant - Ivanovic
Scolari - None
Ancelotti - Luiz, Ramires, Sturridge, Torres
Vilas Boas - Mata

I wouldnt have a clue who signed who, I was just relaying what a Chelsea STH at work said!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports