What's happened to Chelsea?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
is tool a swear word then? and knob for that matter?

in response though... are you chelsea in disguise? or just someone who likes a bit of confrontation? do you feel the need to control others on here in what they say because at home and at work you're a control freak? just saying...
Am I chelsea in disguise ? no , i'm just chelsea, as to feeling the need to control what other say? no , of course not, you just sound like someone who gets a bit excitable and likes to use words like knob( twice in successive posts, how naughty) and tool because you're not allowed to at home.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
is tool a swear word then? and knob for that matter?

in response though... are you chelsea in disguise? or just someone who likes a bit of confrontation? do you feel the need to control others on here in what they say because at home and at work you're a control freak? just saying...
No disguise, bushy IS a Chelsea fan.

EDIT: As he himself has just pointed out: :)

D

Deleted member 18477

Am I chelsea in disguise ? no , i'm just chelsea, as to feeling the need to control what other say? no , of course not, you just sound like someone who gets a bit excitable and likes to use words like knob( twice in successive posts, how naughty) and tool because you're not allowed to at home.

Oh cool story bro. I don't like Chelsea. As for your analysis on my usage of 'knob' & 'tool' :facepalm:

Oh cool story bro. I don't like Chelsea. As for your analysis on my usage of 'knob' & 'tool' :facepalm:

To be fair, you've made yourself look like an eegit (and yes, my wife does let me use that term at home). If you 'don't care' about Chelsea, why have you posted all over the thread?

FWIW, my view is that Ambramovich has, generally speaking, been great for the club, saving them from potential bankruptcy under Bates and allowing them to win the league and progress in a way it's highly unlikely they would have done without him. However I do think that his impatience is now a bit of an issue; it's clear that they need to undertake a substantial rebuilding process, and Vilas Boas has started to put that in place, both in terms of personnel and the tactical system, but he needs time, and I'm not sure that he'll be given it. Similarly, I think it was a mistake to sack Ancelotti, only one season after he'd won the double. Maybe I'm misreading it, maybe it's not Ambramovich, but that's certainly the way it seems to me.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Knob and Tool are fine when used in the right amount and context, such as referring to you, it's just the way you posted twice in succession, in a rather excitable, "isnt it good to talk like this" type of way that jarred.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
To be fair, you've made yourself look like an eegit (and yes, my wife does let me use that term at home). If you 'don't care' about Chelsea, why have you posted all over the thread?

FWIW, my view is that Ambramovich has, generally speaking, been great for the club, saving them from potential bankruptcy under Bates and allowing them to win the league and progress in a way it's highly unlikely they would have done without him. However I do think that his impatience is now a bit of an issue; it's clear that they need to undertake a substantial rebuilding process, and Vilas Boas has started to put that in place, both in terms of personnel and the tactical system, but he needs time, and I'm not sure that he'll be given it. Similarly, I think it was a mistake to sack Ancelotti, only one season after he'd won the double. Maybe I'm misreading it, maybe it's not Ambramovich, but that's certainly the way it seems to me.
Good post, it's becoming a joke the way we go through managers, if we get rid of villas boas we'll be a laughing stock.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
They're at the transitional period Man Utd went through not too long ago when the the "golden boys" starting leaving or retiring. Ferguson built a new team whilst still maintaining a high level of success, no one else as managed to do that yet and it doesn't look like Chelsea will either.

The sacking of managers at Chelsea is an interesting one, as soon as he got rid of Grant for finishing second in the league and missing out on winning the champions league by one kick, the die was cast

D

Deleted member 18477

oh... right...

D

Deleted member 18477

Knob and Tool are fine when used in the right amount and context, such as referring to you, it's just the way you posted twice in succession, in a rather excitable, "isnt it good to talk like this" type of way that jarred.

witty.

i got excited last night when chelsea conceded that 2nd goal. i LOVE it when chelsea lose!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've got one word for Chelsea or maybe Roman to be direct, 'stability'. Manchester United's periods of success have come from Matt Busby era - manager for 24 years, and Ferguson, 25 years. Liverpool's dominance started with Shankly, and was continued by a succession of managers from within the club. Barcelona's only dominant periods of La Liga have come through longer term management, Cruyff won 4 titles and a European Cup in an 8 year spell, and Guardiola has continued Rijkaard's success over a 5 year stint with a 3 year period and counting.

Chelsea have had 7 managers in 7 years. It's never going to secure sustained long term success. Got to ride out the rough with the smooth. Ancelotti's win rate was 61%, he won a double, and yet that wasn't good enough. Unbelievable to sack a manager of that calibre and bring in one with next to no experience, never played the game, and only 34 years old. At 34, how on earth has he had enough exposure to the game to deal with a job like that - I think Chelsea are finding out the answer.

Managers like Pardew, Adkins, Gus, Lambert, Rogers are all learning their trades through hard graft, they are without a doubt an up and coming new breed of manager, but crikey, I wouldn't have said any of them were ready for a job as big as Chelsea's. The Villas Boas appointment still have me completely baffled!

They're at the transitional period Man Utd went through not too long ago when the the "golden boys" starting leaving or retiring. Ferguson built a new team whilst still maintaining a high level of success, no one else as managed to do that yet and it doesn't look like Chelsea will either.

The sacking of managers at Chelsea is an interesting one, as soon as he got rid of Grant for finishing second in the league and missing out on winning the champions league by one kick, the die was cast

Ferguson is definitely the modern master of 'rebuilding', he's done it several times at Man United (a requirement when you're at the same club for 25 years I suppose!). However he's typically done it by replacing no more than 2 or 3 first-team players at a time. That seems to be what Vilas Boas is trying (signing Meireles and Mata for the first team and Romeu, Lukaku and Courtois for the future) but the problem is a decent portion of that squad is on its last legs (and some of it, like Mikel, aren't good enough irrespective of age). I'm not quite sure who's to blame for the lack of turnover in the squad - I suspect it may have been Ancelotti's brief to make the most he could out of the aging squad, so maybe it's come from someone above the manager.

D

Deleted member 18477

I very much doubt anything I've alluded to is an assumption.

LOL! o riiiight. i swear like a tropper at home when i'm in a foul mood... infront of my girlfriend (not wife) sometimes too... :drama:

do you really want to carry this cat fight on any longer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports