Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Whatever...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We have 11 games left, even an unimpressive return of 6 points will see us with our highest points total. I’m not sure what can go tits up from here? :shrug:
Getting stuffed by Utd in the semi, and finishing outside the European places. Tits up 😂

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Been supporting since late 80's and it's funny that I don't really put this season up and over some of our other great seasons in terms of enjoyment.

I absolutely love this team, such a relateable bunch of blokes, an honest and inspiring manager. I felt equally enthralled by the Knockeart, Stockdale, Kayal, Murray team and the Cullip, Watson, Zamora Kuipers teams.

I suppose to me it doesn't matter what division we're in, I just love my Saturdays out at the football and watching a team who have a go and can get a few goals

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Been supporting since late 80's and it's funny that I don't really put this season up and over some of our other great seasons in terms of enjoyment.

I absolutely love this team, such a relateable bunch of blokes, an honest and inspiring manager. I felt equally enthralled by the Knockeart, Stockdale, Kayal, Murray team and the Cullip, Watson, Zamora Kuipers teams.

I suppose to me it doesn't matter what division we're in, I just love my Saturdays out at the football and watching a team who have a go and can get a few goals

I agree with this, but what we have with this incredible squad and season is a whole pile of cherries on top of the icing :wink:

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I’m there too.
But excited that it may well not happen. I am enormously encouraged by last night‘s result!
I suppose it depends on what we define as "tits up". For me that means relegation, so anything else is a bonus.

We're on 46 points with 11 games to go, with an FA Cup semi final to come. That's insane. Both of the previous SFs I've experienced have come amidst relegation battles, one of which was unsuccessful.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

I hear where you're coming from. For me our promotion season season was incredibly special, two decades on from looking down the barrel of extinction.

Good season or bad, we have TB a man who will always put the club first

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I suppose it depends on what we define as "tits up". For me that means relegation, so anything else is a bonus.

We're on 46 points with 11 games to go, with an FA Cup semi final to come. That's insane. Both of the previous SFs I've experienced have come amidst relegation battles, one of which was unsuccessful.
Tits up could also mean gaining promotion from the Championship with three games to spare then losing the final three and letting Newcastle to overtake us.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
To be fair I think RdZ has caused a lot of people involved with the club to positively recalibrate their expectations.
Well, West Ham finished 6th and 7th, a semi final Europa League, now a semi final Europa Conference. Leicester won the FA Cup in 2021, finished 5th then 8th last season. There is always recalibration to be done!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I went to the 83 cup final and replay as a 20 year old and watched in despair our gradual slide down the leagues. The end of my second home, that being the Goldstone and then the games at Gillingham and then a sort of bounce back to Withdean. And since then we have gradually been pushing, pushing and improving. After our best ever finish last season we thought we could push on again only to be knocked back by our then esteemed manager leaving and taking most of the staff with him. All over? Back to despair again? Not a bit of it. I am loving this and making the most of this success we are currently revelling in. We are Brighton and not bloody plastic supporters. Long may it continue. I remember those that did the long away trips and wore the colours when we were hugely unfashionable. Many have gone too early to have witnessed this remarkable time we are witnessing.

So, to the new supporters out there please remember to have some humility and remember that we have an identity.

UTA
I thought I'd written this without remembering I'd done so!

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I went to the 83 cup final and replay as a 20 year old and watched in despair our gradual slide down the leagues. The end of my second home, that being the Goldstone and then the games at Gillingham and then a sort of bounce back to Withdean. And since then we have gradually been pushing, pushing and improving. After our best ever finish last season we thought we could push on again only to be knocked back by our then esteemed manager leaving and taking most of the staff with him. All over? Back to despair again? Not a bit of it. I am loving this and making the most of this success we are currently revelling in. We are Brighton and not bloody plastic supporters. Long may it continue. I remember those that did the long away trips and wore the colours when we were hugely unfashionable. Many have gone too early to have witnessed this remarkable time we are witnessing.

So, to the new supporters out there please remember to have some humility and remember that we have an identity.

UTA
This is me 👍

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

UTA
Away games at tiny unfashionable clubs, Hull (old stadium), Torquay, Exeter, Carlisle, Grimsby, Crewe, Blackpool, Peterborough, Sheffield Wednesday, Stockport, Lincoln, York, Sunderland.....so glad I did most of that with my son, who is sooooo excited about his first visit to Wembley.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah but are we safe??
That's a good point. I haven't seen any info on whether we are mathematically safe yet so I assume we aren't.

We're going down, aren't we.

Bugger.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona

UTA

Thank you for this post, so much of what you said needs to be re-posted over and over again to the younger supporters of today. I wasn't born until '84 however the journey I have had as a young Albion fan through the early 90s has led me to the fan I am today.

I remember the Goldstone, I used to take my Aunt's season ticket and go with my Gran to the games, I wasn't allowed to go to Gillingham as I was always told it's more of an away day than a home match. I did make it many times to the Withdean as my Gran still held her season ticket(s) and I would often go with her.

One of the only kids in school with the SKINT shirts, I used to love watching Kuipers, Carpenter, Mayo, Virgo, Knight, Zamora, Adam El-Abd et al! Standing outside a pub on Havelock Road when we played Swindon and Virgo scored that late winner, I went absolutely mental and my mates just didn't get it - that used to be the stuff of dreams. Look at us now!

Remember this kids, when other fans say we don't have a history, ours is just as special as theirs, the major difference is that their history makes them a bunch of self-entitled twunts who don't understand the meaning of supporting your team through it all.

UTA

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I’ve done the final table prediction again this morning. So many of the top teams yet to play it each other, in this scenario I put draw to Spurs, loss to City and Arsenal and draw at Newcastle, with home win to United. Possibly draw at Chelsea, can’t remember. The point is this, just look at the remaining fixtures and you’ll realise, top four is not out of the question. UTA.

Attachments

• 2D7861B9-E074-4746-B703-2EB6565D359E.jpeg
    2D7861B9-E074-4746-B703-2EB6565D359E.jpeg
    565.5 KB · Views: 48

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
So many highlights that will be talked about for years

Winning at Old Trafford opening day
Smashing Leicester to go 4th
Smashing Chelsea
Knocking Arsenal out the noddyish cup on their patch
Smashing Everton
Smashing Liverpool
Smashing West Ham
Beating the scum !
Semi finals of the cup

Easily the most long lasting memory's that have been made in a season in my lifetime

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
That's a good point. I haven't seen any info on whether we are mathematically safe yet so I assume we aren't.

We're going down, aren't we.

Bugger.
Mathematically safe is the concept I would normally go by.
I don’t feel quite so anxious about it this season, though…… :bloom:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here