Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Whatever...

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
...happens during the remaining matches, I can say that for me, personally, this has been the most amazing season. To think that we even have a sniff of Champions League, still strikes me as the stuff of fancy, yet here were are, banging loudly on the door.
Fine, we may well not 'quite' achieve it, but by God we certainly won't be far away.
All done on a sensible budget, with fabulous recruitment and an utter star (lizard) in TB.
This, my fellow fans, is a season that will remembered, for all the right reasons, and with a prevailing wind (and not a little touch of good fortune), it could just get even better.
Keep the faith.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I’ve got a complaint! I used to love watching all the games of football that come along. Now I only enjoy watching Brighton. What has it come to?

I used to fret that if we lost key players like Sanchez we would struggle. Now not so much. Even if we lost stars in midfield we seem to have young superstars coming out of our ears! Two scorers tonight were 18 and 19. I am still finding this very difficult to compute.

We are the envy of so many other clubs that it is going to turn and they will hate us soon! f*** ‘em as long as we win something. I’m turning into a top six supporter aren’t I? Oh well, it is what it is!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A year ago most of us rolled our eyes at a top ten target, many just took the piss. We lost players, the complete first team backroom staff….and now we talking about top four. It’s Roy of the Rovers stuff

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
A year ago most of us rolled our eyes at a top ten target, many just took the piss. We lost players, the complete first team backroom staff….and now we talking about top four. It’s Roy of the Rovers stuff
Indeed, and I'm so pleased that my dad is still around to witness this, being a fan since the late '40s. My dearest wish is for him to see us in a Cup Final, again, as he kindly took me, back in '83 (and not so kindly to the replay :) ).

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
I went to the 83 cup final and replay as a 20 year old and watched in despair our gradual slide down the leagues. The end of my second home, that being the Goldstone and then the games at Gillingham and then a sort of bounce back to Withdean. And since then we have gradually been pushing, pushing and improving. After our best ever finish last season we thought we could push on again only to be knocked back by our then esteemed manager leaving and taking most of the staff with him. All over? Back to despair again? Not a bit of it. I am loving this and making the most of this success we are currently revelling in. We are Brighton and not bloody plastic supporters. Long may it continue. I remember those that did the long away trips and wore the colours when we were hugely unfashionable. Many have gone too early to have witnessed this remarkable time we are witnessing.

So, to the new supporters out there please remember to have some humility and remember that we have an identity.

UTA

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
A year or so before that some people were saying they 'preferred the Championship'. Surely no one thinks that now?

That's not a dig at those people btw. I didn't agree, but in those early PL years when it looked like every season was going to be a case of simply trying to find three teams worse than us, some did look back nostalgically to our lower-division days where our match day ambitions were higher than just trying to eke out the occasional win or to avoid getting completely battered.

Now it's "Spurs away? Yeah we can get something there. Looking forward to it."

Last edited:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I’ve got a complaint! I used to love watching all the games of football that come along. Now I only enjoy watching Brighton. What has it come to?

I used to fret that if we lost key players like Sanchez we would struggle. Now not so much. Even if we lost stars in midfield we seem to have young superstars coming out of our ears! Two scorers tonight were 18 and 19. I am still finding this very difficult to compute.

We are the envy of so many other clubs that it is going to turn and they will hate us soon! f*** ‘em as long as we win something. I’m turning into a top six supporter aren’t I? Oh well, it is what it is!

If you find yourself saying "We should be beating clubs like xxxxxx" you have become one!

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I went to the 83 cup final and replay as a 20 year old and watched in despair our gradual slide down the leagues. The end of my second home, that being the Goldstone and then the games at Gillingham and then a sort of bounce back to Withdean. And since then we have gradually been pushing, pushing and improving. After our best ever finish last season we thought we could push on again only to be knocked back by our then esteemed manager leaving and taking most of the staff with him. All over? Back to despair again? Not a bit of it. I am loving this and making the most of this success we are currently revelling in. We are Brighton and not bloody plastic supporters. Long may it continue. I remember those that did the long away trips and wore the colours when we were hugely unfashionable. Many have gone too early to have witnessed this remarkable time we are witnessing.

So, to the new supporters out there please remember to have some humility and remember that we have an identity.

UTA
Post of the week.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I remember when we were all slagging off the new kit someone said something like this will be the season we get into Europe or win a trophy and we'll look back at the kit as a classic with a lot of good memories. Whoever that was I salute your foresight!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Some were actually criticising TB for setting a target he wasn’t willing to fund!!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I still can’t shake the default Brighton fan setting of waiting for all this to go tits up.
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I’m there too.
But excited that it may well not happen. I am enormously encouraged by last night‘s result!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I still can’t shake the default Brighton fan setting of waiting for all this to go tits up.
We have 11 games left, even an unimpressive return of 6 points will see us with our highest points total. I’m not sure what can go tits up from here? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here