Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What year did you leave school ?

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
When I was there, the permanent staff was entirely female apart from one bloke who was the chef (ie he opened the cans). The temporary and part-time staff were nearly all male - some were fresh out of the local borstal with a couple of schoolkids like me. It was a weird place to work

I remember changing and filling the mustard pots up on the first floor which was never used apart from us staff having our breaks. I did this for so long I was sneezing yellow mucus for days afterwards. I remember too the skinheads coming in prior to getting the train to Hove for the match on Saturdays. Needless to say they didn't pay for the cakes and pastries.

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
Left Falmer School in 1981 - Started 6th form but got a full time job at Walter Gilletts (office stationers in the Lanes) as a warehouse boy (£28.00p/w)…lasted 11 months & then they sacked me!

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
2003, Straight into scaffolding at 16, £20 per day. 11 years later and still doing it luckily money is actually quite decent

Alonso Moseley

Jun 16, 2008
1979. Went to art college and had a part-time job at Stead and Simpson shoe shop in Churchill Square. Corn and verruca powder everywhere by 4pm.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
1981 post A levels. Had a part time job as a 'bouncer/gofer' at the Dog Track. Worked Saturday and Thursday evenings while at BHASVIC, so could still go to the Albion. Worked at Amex, EF, the Open Market as holiday jobs. First proper job, planning bus routes for London Transport, 1985. Planning buses in Dallas 87-88 then 23 years at Steer Davies Gleave, transport planning consultants, where Lord B was my client on one contract. Now have my own transport consultancy called...Albion Economics.

PG

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
1992 Secondary School
1994 Sixth Form

Had already joined Sainsburys at Blatch Rd Hove in Feb 1991 though aged 15 1/2. Went full time in 94 for a few years...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
1996, Rock climbing instructor. Did that for 2 years before moving to Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here