Votes: 184 66.7%
  • knocked out ASAP and finish 10th

Votes: 92 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I hazard a guess that fans will be at the FA cup final. With vaccine roll out society reopen in may surely some fans will be back albeit socially distant! Would not be surprised if fans allowed back in a controlled way for last few games of season.

I reckon Wembley with 5000 fans rattling about inside would be much worse than Wembley with no fans at all.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I am amazed that so many prefer the temporary “ glory” of the cup to our league position and progress as a credible Premiership Club.
I mean , nobody can go to Wembley to cheer the team. The cup final is pretty bland this year and the chances are we would not win it . A losers medal is just that, for losers.
By all means in the future, but now when the team is still work in progress , concentrate on the league. That is what counts.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Not getting relegated AND winning the cup is about as successful a season as we can possibly hope for at the moment.

I'm pretty certain that the players would like to win something too.

We can win the Europa League in front of the fans next season.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Yeah winning the Cup and being in Europe would be amazing, and there is an argument for it, but in the long-term, a 10th place finish would be a spring board to greater things and ultimately more important for the club in the grand scheme of things IMO. Would help us more financially as well I assume.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
We would then get relegated the season after due to Europa league. Also, I swear the blasted thing is cursed. If you're not one of the big boys and win it, you'll be relegated soon after and suffer financial difficulties.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's unfathomable why anyone would choose staying up over staying up and winning the F.A cup.

It would be the first major trophy in the clubs history. It would be lifted by a Brighton born and bred captain. It would give us more international publicity than we've had in decades. It would give us our first ever season in Europe.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Yeah winning the Cup and being in Europe would be amazing, and there is an argument for it, but in the long-term, a 10th place finish would be a spring board to greater things and ultimately more important for the club in the grand scheme of things IMO. Would help us more financially as well I assume.

Last season the difference in prize money between Villa in 17th (£105.5m) and Burnley in 10th (£115m) was £9.5m.

Winning the FA cup this season from where we are now:
5th round £0.135m
1/4 final £0.36m
Semi £0.9m
Final £1.8m
Total: £2,295,000

Europa League group stage participation next season earns £2.5m.

Plus £515k per win.
Or £170k per draw.

Group winners get £900k
Runners up get £450k

Round of 32 participants get £450k

Round of 16 participants get £1m

1/4 finalists get £1.4m

So if we come 17th and reach the quarter finals of the Europa League, we'll earn more.

Plus our profile globally would be enhanced, leading to improved commercial revenue streams

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Where is the option for getting to the final, losing and getting relegated with the cursed non striped kit

I reckon there's a few people on here who may have missed the irony in your post. I certainly don't want that happaening again thanks.:down:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Bin the cup off this season, I'd personally be gutted if we reached the final but couldn't go!

Get the fringe players out - You never know what will happen.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's unfathomable why anyone would choose staying up over staying up and winning the F.A cup.

It would be the first major trophy in the clubs history. It would be lifted by a Brighton born and bred captain. It would give us more international publicity than we've had in decades. It would give us our first ever season in Europe.
Yes, but apart from that ...............................

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Those of us who suffered the agony of 1983 and have borne that scar ever since, dream of getting to another final. Those of us who have moved onto our 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's and have lost loved ones along the way...fans as passionate as ourselves, dream of another Cup Final and potential history. The thought quickens the pulse and excites. I still remember the feeling walking out of Highbury and realising we were in the Cup Final. Floating on air for weeks, waiting for the day. It excited me in a way that no league game has ever done. The recent Semi v City was different. We all expected to lose. The Sheffield Wednesday game was winnable. I know there is a good chance that no fans will be there but I will live with that, if it means winning the thing.
Give me 17th and a Cup win. Remember, win it this year and we are ahead of certain clubs in the bragging rights.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Remember when winning the FA Cup was almost as big as winning the league.
How times have changed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here